Perfect in the summer time but amazing all year round, this decadent love bowl with crème fraîche and sour cherries is all you need for a delicious afternoon. You can’t go easier than this simple raw dessert that tastes amazing (so my wife says).
This dessert is so delicious that you know it just by looking at the pictures. It’s:
Simple & 100% Raw
Sweet and Sour
& Super Healthy
What goes into Crème Fraîche Love Bowl
This dessert-bowl is all about keeping things simple and only requires 3 basic ingredients (and 1 minute of your time).
Crème Fraîche – This special kind pf sour cream is rich in healthy fats, quality proteins and probiotics. Crème fraîche is a traditionally fermented cream that comes from the French culinary tradition, specifically the region of Normandie. Due to the fermentation process, crème fraîche is a bit sour and it’s very similar to the “smetana” found in Russia and “smântâna” found in Romania and Moldova.
Frozen Sour Cherries – Like all fruit, sour cherries are loaded with healthy nutrients, specifically vitamins and minerals, phytonutrients or fiber. Their specific sour-ish taste will balance perfectly the taste of crème fraîche from our recipe.
Dark Chocolate – My advice is to use the best chocolate you can find and this means chocolate prepared from cacao ingredients only: cacao mass, cacao butter, natural sweetener, and optionally vanilla powder.
Steps to prepare this amazingly delicious bowl
- First thing is to make sure that both the crème fraîche and sour cherries are cold. Crème fraîche must be stored in the fridge, while the sour cherries must ideally come from the freezer.
- Add crème fraîche to a big enough bowl.
- Add almost all of the sour cherries to the bowl, but keep a few tablespoons for decoration.
- Use a spoon to mix the two, until well-combined (mix for 10 seconds or so).
- Last step is to decorate this dessert with chocolate pieces and the rest of the sour cherries.
- DONE! Told you it was easy!
This dessert can be upgraded …
Not only this bowl is delicious but you can upgrade it or even transform it into a totally different culinary experience. Here are a few of my ideas:
- Use amazing spices – vanilla, cinnamon or cardamom will give this dessert a whole new taste (my wife loves cardamom, I love cinnamon).
- Include a few nuts on top – walnuts, pecans, cashew nuts or pine nuts are perfect for adding some crunchiness (and more nutrients) to this little treat.
- Coconut chips for crunchiness – these healthy chips will add plenty of crunchiness and nutrients, especially good fats and lots of gut-friendly fiber.
- Dried fruit to make it sweet – 1-2 tsp of raisins, 1-2 medjool dates or maybe 1 dry fig is all you need to enrich this treat even more.
This frozen bowl can be served as a decadent dessert (low-carb and keto approved) but I can tell you from experience that it works best as a recovery meal (after one of my 15 km walks in the forest).
It’s perfectly refreshing on a hot summer night but this doesn’t mean that it isn’t delicious all year round. Experience with it to see when it works for you!
If you decide to try it, let me know how it turned out for you and what extras you’ve used. I would appreciate if you could leave a review and a comment. Ta-daaa!
Enjoy this dessert without guilt because it’s super-duper healthy and share it with someone close to you!
What’s your favorite way to use crème fraîche? Have you tried something like this before? Let’s chat in the comments!
1-Min Crème Fraîche Love Bowl (Raw & Delicious)
- 400 g crème fraîche (full-fat, 40% or more)
- 200-300 g frozen sour cherries
- 20-30 g dark chocolate (85% or more)
- Add crème fraîche into a medium size bowl.
- Add frozen cherries into the crème fraîche (except for 2-3 tbsp) and let them soak.
- Using a tablespoon, mix the cherries into the creme for 10-20 seconds.
- Decorate on top with 2-3 tbsp sour cherries and dark chocolate pieces (as much as you want).
- That was it. Enjoy without guilt!