This macadamia and grapefruit vegetable smoothie comes packed with an assortment of nutrients like healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, plus enzymes, fiber and phytonutrients. I love it because it has a nice creamy texture and works very well as a meal replacement smoothie.
This smoothie is definitely one of the most complicated recipes that I’ve made so far, and definitely one of the most interesting ones. Let’s start blending!
How to make this delicious smoothie
We start by preparing our own homemade macadamia milk from raw macadamias and plain water. It takes 2 minutes to makes it’s super healthy and sugar-free.
Afterwards comes the “wave of veggies”, as I like to call it. Spinach, green beans, green peas, red beet and carrots are just a few of the veggies that you’d normally find in a soup of some kind. This time you’ll be using them in your smoothie and I promise you that you will love it.
We’ll be using only two fruits for this smoothie, grapefruit and the usual avocado. And we’ll finish this recipe with plenty of asian warming spices, to give you that extra boost of phytonutrients (“good-for-you”).
This is definitely one of those smoothies that you really don’t know how it will turn out until you actually blend it. It simply has too many plants that I wasn’t able to guess its final color or texture until the very end.
In the end this smoothie turned out red with orange accents, it has a perfectly creamy texture and a bitter spicy taste to it (from the grapefruit and beet).
Health benefits of this macadamia and grapefruit smoothie
Looking for a meal replacement smoothie that also tastes great? Look no further than this one.
Here’s why this smoothie makes a great meal replacement:
- comes packed with veggies which translate to many different nutrients .. and health benefits too.
- it’s creamy enough without too much water overall.
- it’s loaded with healthy fats from 3 sources: macadamia nuts, avocado, extra virgin coconut oil.
- has protein from various sources: green peas, green beans, spinach.
- and healthy fiber to keep your belly healthy and happy.
- has plenty of spices that will boost your immune system to a whole new health level.
- this special smoothie will keep you nourished until later in the afternoon (or at least until lunch time).
You will love this macadamia milk and grapefruit smoothie
As a bonus, this recipe can easily pass as a keto-smoothie and I personally recommend something like this to anyone wanting to incorporate more healthy fats into their way of eating.
Being loaded with healthy fats, this meal replacement smoothie will not only keep you satiated for longer, but will also help you in your journey to become fat adapted (burning fat for energy).
I know you’ll LOVE this amazing smoothie! It was:
Easy to drink
With an unexpected taste
(Undetectably) Loaded with vegetables
Would you try this recipe? Already made it? Let me know what you think in the comments below. And if you share a photo on Social Media, tag it @refreshmyhealth so I can follow up with you. Enjoy!
Have you tried a veggie smoothie like this before? What is your favorite go-to healthy smoothie? Share below please!
A Love Story, Macadamia Milk and Grapefruit Smoothie
- 100 g macadamia nuts
- 200 ml water (for preparing the macadamia milk)
- 2 avocados (skin and seed removed)
- 1 red beet (skinless, chopped big)
- 1 big carrot (sliced)
- 2 handful green peas and green beans (lightly boiled, cold)
- 2 handful frozen spinach
- 2/3 grapefruit (skin removed)
- 1 small red kapia pepper (chopped)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp wheatgrass powder
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- a few lettuce leaves
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 500 ml water (on top of the one used for the macadamia milk)
- Start by preparing the macadamia milk. Add macadamia nuts into the blender.
- Add the water required for making the milk.
- Blend on medium to high speed until all the nuts have been transformed into nut milk. You’ll know it’s ready when the blender contents will turn white.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender, on top of the freshly made macadamia milk.
- Add all the water required for the smoothie.
- Blend on medium to high speed until you obtain a creamy texture. If you feel like your blender needs a boost, use the pulse function a few times to help mix everything better.
- That’s it! Serve fresh or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Color: red with orange accents
- Texture: creamy, easy to drink, like a smoothie should be.
- Taste: not sweet, bitter from the grapefruit, wheatgrass aftertaste … and maybe a bit spicy.