This is a smoothie for all those days when you feel stressed and you need a sweet relief. When you feel a bit tired in the middle of the day and need a heathy energy boost. This smoothie is for all those cold spring days when the sun starts to shine, but outside is still chilly. This is a smoothie for rainy days when you have to go out and make things happen. Here’s a A Red Smoothie To Remember!
I’m serious and I mean every word of it. This is a smoothie that transforms an average day into a wonderful day. For special situations get 2 glasses and don’t look back!
A super special smoothie
I happen to love this smoothie because it’s packed with nutrients but also very easy to drink, even though it’s more creamy than usual. It’s pleasant to the taste buds, you kinda feel all those nutrients being absorbed into your body.
Here’s why this smoothie is so special:
- it’s loaded with healthy fats – this one has avocado, coconut oil
- comes with a few carbs but not too many – this one has banana
- and some proteins from all the veggies I used
- it’s loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that will benefit your body in so many ways
- and lots of healthy fiber too
- it’s sweet, with a spicy-salty twist (you’ll see …)
Go for it and don’t look back! If you made it, be sure to let me know. And if you share a photo on Instagram, tag it #refreshmyhealth so I can follow-up with you.
What was the BEST smoothie you ever had? Would you try this recipe? Please share in the comments!
A Red Smoothie To Remember
- 1 avocado (peeled and seeded)
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 1 tomato (cut in half)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red beet (chopped big)
- 200 g frozen broccoli
- 1/4 fennel (chopped small)
- 2 small bananas (peeled and sliced)
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 5 tsp sea buckthorn
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp wheatgrass powder
- 1 big slice lemon (organic, cut in 4)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 600 ml water
- Add everything into your blender, including water.
- Blend on medium to high speed until everything looks smooth and creamy.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: beautiful saturated red
- Texture: kind of thick, more like a puree but still a great smoothie overall.
- Taste: sweet with a salty and spicy twist to it.