This is a smoothie for all those days when you feel stressed and you need a sweet relief. When you feel a bit tired in the middle of the day and you need a heathy boost of energy.
This smoothie is for all those cold spring days when the sun starts to shine, but the weather outside is still a bit chilly. This is a smoothie for rainy days when you have to go out and make things happen. It’s a A Red Smoothie To Remember!
I’m serious and I mean every word of the above. This red smoothie is definitely one that will transform your day into a wonderful day. For special situations get 2 glasses and don’t look back!
Delicious and healthy red smoothie
I happen to love this red smoothie because it’s packed with nutrients but it’s also very easy to drink, even though it turned out thicker than usual. It’s pleasant to the taste buds and, as you slowly sip, it delivers a pleasant aroma that nourishes you from the inside. You sort of feel all those nutrients being absorbed into your body and that alone feels wonderful.
Here’s why this smoothie is so special:
- it’s loaded with healthy fats – this one has avocado and coconut oil
- has some carbs but not too many – most carbs come from banana
- and some proteins from all those vegetables
- it’s loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that will benefit your system in many ways
- and lots of healthy gut-friendly fiber too
- it’s sweet, with a spicy-salty twist (you’ll see what I mean …)
Go for it and don’t look back! If you decide to blend this red smoothie, be sure to let me know how it turned out for you and if you liked it. I would love if you could post a 5-star rating and maybe a review.
What was the BEST smoothie you ever had? Would you try this recipe? Share in the comments!
A Red Smoothie To Remember
- 1 avocado (peeled and seeded)
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 1 tomato (cut in half)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red beet (chopped big)
- 200 g frozen broccoli
- 1/4 fennel (chopped small)
- 2 small bananas (peeled and sliced)
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 5 tsp sea buckthorn
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp wheatgrass powder
- 1 big slice lemon (organic, cut in 4)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 600 ml water
- Add everything into your blender, including water.
- Blend on medium to high speed until everything looks smooth and creamy.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: beautiful saturated red
- Texture: kind of thick, more like a puree but still a great smoothie overall.
- Taste: sweet with a salty with a spicy twist to it.