This smoothie is definitely tasty but it’s also packed with many “good-for-you” nutrients that even a cold autumn day will look better after just one serving.
Here’s why I recommend this smoothie to anyone without hesitation:
- Comes packed with vegetables like spinach, cabbage, white radish, carrots, celery, fennel, or kapia pepper.
- And some interesting fruits: avocado, bananas, grapefruit, and blueberries.
- Plus superfoods: chia seeds, extra virgin coconut oil, vanilla.
- Has a creamy texture that makes it perfect to drink anytime.
- Comes with many “good-for-you” nutrients that will help you immune system bounce back anything bad.
- It’s low-carb and loaded with healthy fats to support a healthy lifestyle.
- Did I mention that it’s pretty fun to make?
You might also like: Check-ou my guide on How To Make The Best Green Smoothie
The Advanced Smoothie
This recipe is the perfect example of what I call an “advanced smoothie”. For me, an advanced smoothie is basically a smoothie that has a few more ingredients that average; Think a smoothie with more than 10 fruits and veggies, plus spices and superfoods. Advanced smoothies also have more veggies compared to “normal” smoothies and some strange ones, like bok-choy, cauliflower, green peas or beans, cabbage, leeks, or radish. Reading the ingredients list can make you think it’s a soup or a salad, and not a smoothie. Trust me, it’s a smoothie!
Advanced smoothies have more than one taste, they’re actually very fun to try and experiment with. Plus you’re almost always left with a confusing aftertaste that makes you wonder … eg: sweet and sour taste, very spicy or even a leeks taste. I definitely like this part because identifying different tastes in smoothies is always a fun to do.
Take this recipe for example … The ingredients list may look a bit complicated at first, but let me tell you that it’s not that bad once you get the hang of it. This is definitely not the kind of smoothie that you’ll find in a supermarket or in a smoothie-bar, and for a good reason. But in terms of nutrients, no 3-ingredients smoothie can compare with one of these “advanced” babies. And this is good. It’s great, actually!
In this recipe we’re using 6 different kinds of vegetables and 4 different kinds of fruits, plus extra spices and superfoods. Like all advanced smoothies, this one’s simply loaded with all those “good-for-you” nutrients that your body needs on a daily basis. I’m talking about vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, enzymes and lots of soluble and insoluble fiber. Trust me, it’s good!
The only thing you should care about right now is to have a big enough blender to accommodate all the ingredients. Recipe? Done. Nutrients? Done. Nourishment? Done.
I hope that you’ll try this recipe and, if you do, let me know how it turned out. Take a photo, share it on Instagram and tag it #refreshmyhealth so I can see what you come up with. Enjoy your smoothie!
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe for autumn days? Would you give this one a try? Share your thoughts below!
Autumn Love Green Smoothie
- 4-5 leaves autumn cabbage (chopped)
- 100 g frozen spinach
- 100 g frozen blueberries
- 1 big banana (peeled)
- 1 medium white radish (skinless, sliced big)
- 3 small carrots
- 1 big avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 1/2 red kapia pepper
- 2 legs fennel
- 1 stick celery
- 1/2 grapefruit (peeled)
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 3 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Start by blending the cabbage with some of the water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into your blender. Add enough water to level all the ingredients.
- Blend on medium to high speed until your smoothie looks creamy.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- stop the blender and mix the ingredients using a spatula.
- add more liquid and continue to blend.
- if there’s no place for liquid, remove part of the ingredients from the blender before adding more liquid.
- use the pulse function a few times.
- always be patient, take your time and let the blender cool down.
- Color: autumn green
- Texture: well mixed, easy to drink, maybe a bit oily, filler, creamy
- Taste: neutral and maybe a bit sweet