This festive nice cream with banana, raspberries and beet can be ready in under 10 minutes, tastes amazing and comes packed with real nutrients. Sweet and a bit sour, creamy and thick, it’s guaranteed to challenge all your taste buds to a whole new level of deliciousness.
And the best part is that you’ll only need 4 main ingredients to make it: avocado, frozen raspberries, banana and beetroot. It’s really that simple!
This nice cream was AMAZING and here’s why:
Sweet and a bit sour
Ingredients needed for this delicious nice cream recipe
- Avocado – Packed with healthy fats and having a creamy texture, avocado is the perfect base for our delicious nice cream recipe.
- Raspberries – For best results use frozen raspberries but fresh raspberries are great as well, just they aren’t as refreshing as frozen kind. Make sure the raspberries aren’t too sour and you’ll be fine.
- Banana – Together with avocado, banana will make this nice cream soft and creamy, and so nice to eat.
- Beetroot – A bit strange, I know! Beets are loaded with “good-for-you” nutrients, including fiber, enzymes and phytonutrients (where that red color actually comes from).
- Cacao Beans – Use them for a subtle flavor and a boost of antioxidants (less is more here).
- Fennel Seeds – These fennel seeds are so intense and they add a subtle sweet-ish flavor, unexpected and very pleasant in the same time.
Avocado and banana is one of those classic combos that you’ll find in many of my smoothie recipes, nice creams and even for homemade ice creams. Avocado and banana are the magic combo for all vegan raw blends!. Period!
Berries and avocado form another delicious little combo that is guaranteed to produce perfectly creamy smoothies every time. And I mean every time!
So you can see now why combining all these 3 ingredients together (avocado, banana, berries) is a recipe for the perfect nice cream recipe.
Steps to make Banana Raspberries Beet Nice Cream
Now that we have this magic combo on our side, what happens if we add beetroot to the mix? Let me tell you …. we’ll end-up with a very rich, perfectly creamy and super healthy beet powered nice cream.
Besides all these wonderful ingredients, you’ll need a regular blender to make this nice cream.
Follow these steps to make this vegan nice cream:
- Add all the ingredients into the blender (except for a few cacao beans and fennel seeds).
- Blend until you obtain a creamy consistency.
- Pour in glasses and decorate with chopped cacao beans and fennel seeds.
Too easy to be true, right? This is exactly what my wife said to me the first time I came up with this recipe. For obtaining a super creamy texture it’s advisable to use a high speed blender but that isn’t mandatory.
Once your nice cream is ready, simply pour into a tall glass and decorate with your favorite toppings.
When it comes to toppings, I used fennel seeds and chopped cacao nibs, but you can use whatever you like.
Banana, Raspberries and Beet Nice Cream Delight
- 3 big avocados (skin and seed removed)
- 150-200 g frozen raspberries
- 2 small bananas (peeled)
- 1 medium red beet (skin removed, chopped big)
- 2-3 cacao beans (to decorate, chopped small)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (to decorate)
- no liquid added
- Add everything into the blender (including almost all of the cacao beans and fennel seeds).
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until you obtain a creamy consistency.
- Pour in glasses and decorate with the rest of cacao beans (chopped) and fennel seeds.
- That’s it! Serve fresh or store in the fridge, in a sealed glass container, for the next day.
Tips for making perfect vegan nice cream
- Don’t have raspberries? It’s ok! – You can easily replace them with any kind of berries. Once you’ll do this though, the overall color of your nice cream will most likely change to reflect the color of the new type of berries.
- Fresh or Frozen berries – You can use fresh or frozen raspberries, I used frozen raspberries since I already had them in my freezer. Another reason to use frozen berries is they will make for a more refreshing nice cream.
- Ways to make it sweeter – Note that frozen raspberries can sometimes be a bit sour but this can easily be compensated by using sweeter bananas or adding 1-2 medjool dates to the mix.
- You don’t need a “fancy” Blender – For best creamy texture you’ll definitely need a high- speed blender. You certainly don’t need the most expensive blender on the market, just a blender that can go over 10,000 rpms, or with a motor of at least 800 Watts.
I invite you to try this plant-based nice cream with banana, raspberries and beet, and share it with others too. Sharing is caring!
If you can leave me a review below snd a comment , know that it’s going to be highly appreciated. Thank you.
What’s your favorite combo to use in nice creams? Let’s chat in the comments!