This festive little dessert was ready in under 10 minutes and tastes like an ice cream on wheels. Sweet and a bit sour, creamy and thick, it’s guaranteed to challenge all your taste buds. But the best part of making this nice cream is that you only need 4 ingredients: you’ll need avocado, frozen raspberries, banana and red beet. It’s really that simple!
This nice cream was AMAZING and here’s why:
Sweet and a bit sour
Avocado and bananas is one of those classic smoothie combos that you’ll find in many of my recipes. Berries and avocado are another great little combo that’s guaranteed to produce perfectly creamy smoothies. So you can see now why combining all these 3 ingredients together makes for the perfect nice cream ever. Right? These ingredients are meant to be together. But what happens if we also add red beet to the mix? Well … we’ll end-up with a very rich, perfectly creamy and super healthy red beet powered nice cream (that was a long statement, I know!).
I invite you to try it, enjoy it and share it with others. Sharing is caring!
Pro Tip: Once your nice cream is ready, pour into a tall glass and decorate with your favorite toppings – I used fennel seeds and chopped cacao nibs, but you can use whatever you like. Enjoy!
Banana, Raspberries and Red Beet Nice Cream Delight
- 3 big avocados (skin and seed removed)
- 150-200 g frozen raspberries
- 2 small bananas (peeled)
- 1 medium red beet (skin removed, chopped big)
- 2-3 cacao beans (to decorate, chopped small)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (to decorate)
- Add everything into the blender and blend until you obtain a creamy consistency.
- Pour in glasses and decorate with chopped cacao beans and dried fennel seeds.
- That’s it! Serve fresh or store in the fridge, in a sealed glass container, for the next day.
- Taste: sweet and a bit sour (depending on your raspberries)
- Texture: thick and creamy
- Color: saturated dark pink