Start your day with the Banana Split Smoothie featuring a classic banana and avocado combo. This recipe comes with plenty of “good-for-you” nutrients, it’s creamy and sweet, and so nice to drink.
A few reasons why this Banana Split Smoothie deserves some love:
Thick like a shake
Tastes like banana
Easy to blend
Only a few ingredients
Packed with vitamins and minerals
Ingredients for this delicious smoothie
There’s quite a lot to love about this Banana Split Smoothie and I invite you to discover everything that makes is special. Let us start with the ingredients list:
- Banana – sweet and creamy
- Avocado – perfect green and so many healthy fats
- Celery stick – love those green! A little goes a long way.
- Fennel – what a sweet thing, right? A little goes a long way
- Coconut Oil – for more healthy fatty acids
- Basil leaves – it’s my new favorite herb for smoothies (and cooking in general)
- Dill – fresh or dried, dill is a superfood
- Himalayan salt – just a pinch, use any kind of salt you like
- Walnuts – for decoration
- Vanilla powder – for decoration mainly, but you can add a bit inside as well
You’ll love the Banana Split Smoothie
Banana and avocado blend together to create a creamy base making this smoothie thick and so nice to drink, almost like a milkshake (but healthy!).
Avocado is mostly made of beneficial fats as well as fiber, some vitamins and minerals (potassium included).
Banana, on the other hand, is made of healthy carbs and some vitamins, as well as magnesium (another important mineral).
Add a few simple veggies and a few fresh herbs, and you’ll get yourself one delicious smoothie.
I’ve also included a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness of the bananas and the healthy fats from the avocado.
For decoration I’ve decided on using chopped walnuts and a pinch of vanilla powder. I especially love vanilla powder because it adds a subtle flavor that matches the banana-avocado combo perfectly.
How to serve Banana Split Smoothie
Simply pour in your favorite tall glass and enjoy as is, because this smoothie is super de-li-cious!
Or can store your smoothie in the fridge for a few hours and that is awesome as well. And in case you plan to store it overnight, make sure to keep it covered to help with oxidation (and maybe add a bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice as well).
Try making this smoothie in the morning as a breakfast on-the-go. It would make a delicious snack or a healthier “dessert” in the evenings as well.
The Banana Split Smoothie is one of our favorite smoothie recipes and I hope that you’ll like it as well. If you try it, let me know how it turned out for you and don’t forget to @refreshmyhealth on Social Media.
Have you made a banana-avocado smoothie before? Would you give this recipe a try? Share your experience!
Banana Split Smoothie
- 3 small bananas (peeled and sliced)
- 1 medium avocado (skinned and seeded)
- 1 stick celery
- 1 slice fennel (chopped)
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 basil leaves (chopped)
- fresh dill (chopped)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 250-300 ml water
- decorated with chopped walnuts and vanilla powder (optional)
- Add all the ingredients into your blender, including water.
- Blend on medium to high speed until everything looks creamy and smooth.
- Pour into glasses and decorate with chopped walnuts and a pinch of vanilla.
- That’s it! Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: light yellow
- Texture: perfect creamy, like a shake
- Taste: tastes like banana
More simple and healthy recipes
These are all beginner recipes which means they’re pretty easy to make, plus they look and smell great. Why not try them all?!