This Beet Berry Messy Nice Cream is absolutely delicious and comes packed with lots of healthy nutrients, plus different flavors and aromas that will make you fall in love with it. It’s prepared with plant-based ingredients like frozen berries, banana, avocado or red beet. It’s creamy and messy, low-carb and vegan, and ready in under 10 minutes.
People of the world … this beet berry nice cream calls for a celebration. It’s:
Thick & Creamy
Why make your own messy nice cream?
Personally, I enjoy nice creams because they always turn out delicious and with a perfectly creamy texture, but also because there are no rules when it comes to making them.
Besides being refreshing and easy to make, nice creams are the perfect excuse to “hide” different plants that you wouldn’t otherwise eat by themselves (not to mention to eat them on a daily basis). Think about how many beets you’re actually eating in a week? Or how many teaspoons of hemp seeds? Even avocados are hard to eat by themselves, right?!
But when you start adding these wonderful plants into something like a nice cream, everything magically changes. All of a sudden you’re eating more plants and you’re doing it by enjoying a refreshing dessert. You feel better, have more energy, sleep better …. Life is great!
Ingredients for Beet Beery Messy Nice Cream
- Avocado – with plenty of good fats, fiber, some vitamins and minerals, avocado also helps with that perfectly creamy texture that every nice cream should have.
- Banana – with healthy carbs (including fiber), some vitamins and minerals, and plenty of sweet love, banana will make your nice cream super creamy and delish!
- Blackberries – like all berries, blackberries are loaded with phytonutrients (including antioxidants) and they are de-li-cious in all types of blends. For a refreshing nice cream, I always use frozen berries.
- Red Beet (Beetroot) – a minerals’ powerhouse, beets are one great source of different phytonutrients that you actually need in order to stay healthy and strong.
- Hemp Seeds – one of my favorite superfoods, hemp seeds will add plenty of healthy fats and protein, but also minerals and some vitamins.
- Chia Seeds – another very popular superfood, chia seeds are loaded with healthy fats (including omega 3s), protein and healthy carbs, as well as some minerals and vitamins.
- Cacao Beans – one of the best ways you can add that fresh cacao flavor to any smoothie or nice cream.
- Himalayan Salt – we add a pinch of salt in order to balance the overall taste of this nice cream (a little goes a long way here).
- Lemon Juice – I used freshly squeezed lemon juice as a way to add a boost of antioxidants and to balance the final taste of this nice cream. Lemon juice will also keep your nice cream fresh for longer.
How to make the best nice cream
Whenever I work on a nice cream blend, I don’t usually start with a plan in mind. Yes, I may have a short list of plants that I like using almost every time (things like banana, avocado and berries) but otherwise I like to improvise and include different random fruits and veggies.
My goal has always been to obtain a nice cream that not only tastes great but, most importantly, one that comes packed with healthy nutrients. The best way to achieve this goal is letting my body guide me towards using the plants that I actually feel like eating.
It’s awesome if my nice cream looks great in the end but this isn’t always my goal. And let me tell you that it’s perfectly ok to blend the nice cream that you want to blend. With the ingredients that you want to eat. That’s right!
Back to our blend, these are the steps to follow when making your messy nice cream:
- Start by prepping all the plants as needed (wash, peel, cut).
- Add all of them into your blender without adding any water.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- DONE! Pour into a bowl, decorate and serve with a tablespoon.
Serve this beet berry messy nice cream as a power breakfast, recovery meal or nighttime snack. It’s absolutely delicious no matter the time of day!
Enjoy your nice cream wherever you are!
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Share a comment below and let me know what you think. And don’t forget to @refreshmyhealth on Social Media so I can see what you came up with.
What plants do you want to “hide” in your nice cream? Have you tried this messy nice cream recipe? Let’s chat in the comments.
Beet Berry Messy Nice Cream
- 1.5 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 3 medium bananas (peeled)
- 5 tbsp frozen blackberries
- 1 red beet (no skin, cut big)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 lemon (peeled, organic)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 5-6 cacao beans (chopped small)
- no liquid added
- Prepare all the plants as indicated (peel and cut them, or remove seeds).
- Add everything into the blender without adding any water.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into your desired bowl, decorate with more chopped cacao beans, blackberries or hemp seeds, and enjoy without guilt.
- Color: burgundy (dark pink)
- Taste: perfect sweet but not too sweet, well balanced taste
- Texture: thick and creamy