Start your day with savory bell pepper fried eggs topped with delicious extras, and give yourself a boost of love for life! These bell pepper eggs are very tasty and easy to make – simply fry the eggs in butter inside bell pepper rings, season and serve!
These fried eggs made inside bell pepper rings are a fun and healthy way to get your day started. Cooking eggs like can be a lovely way to serve eggs for breakfast or brunch. This way of cooking eggs can be the perfect to use when you want to pack fried eggs in your lunch box.
Serve these bell pepper eggs with different extras and a slice of sourdough or rye bread on the side. Enjoy a simple yet delicious meal and fuel your mind and body with lots of beneficial nutrients.
When it comes to the food that you’re eating, my advice as a health coach is to always give yourself the best and see it as a way to support your body in everyday life. Don’t forget that small steps are what builds your health on the long run. Love your body. Love yourself. Give yourself the best that you can in the moment!
Bell Pepper Fried Eggs
- 3 medium eggs (organic, free-range)
- 1/2 bell pepper (sliced into rings)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- parsley or dill (optional, fresh or dried)
- black pepper (optional)
- butter (for cooking the eggs)
- brie cheese (i used Briex de Meaux)
- handful of kalamata olives
- 4 tbsp blueberries
- green lettuce
- a few kalamata olives
- 1 scallion (chopped)
Fried Eggs in Bell Pepper
- Preheat an enameled cast iron skillet over medium heat and add in the butter.
- Place the bell pepper rings in the skillet, then sauté for one minute. Use one ring for each egg used.
- Crack the eggs inside bell pepper rings and start cooking the eggs slowly over medium heat.
- Do not move the eggs until the egg whites turn solid. Cook over medium heat making sure not to overcook or burn the egg whites.
- Once the egg whites turn a bit solid, use a wooden spatula to unstick the eggs from the pan. You don’t have to turn the eggs on the other side, but you can move them if you want.
- Once the egg yolks look are solid and cooked, remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over fried eggs and prepare to assemble the dish (see below).
How to Assemble Dish
- Use a spatula and transfer cooked eggs together with bell pepper rings on a plate. We’ve already added salt and pepper so there no need for more.
- Garnish with herbs and chopped scallions.
- Complete the dish by adding your favorite extras on the side. I used lettuce, olives, chopped scallions, blueberries and brie cheese - see my images for inspiration.
- That was it! You’ve just finished cooking the best fried eggs ever. How easy (and fun) was that?!