This delicious and simple keto ice cream with berries and beet can easily become you next favorite dessert. Ultra refreshing, naturally sweetened, creamy and loaded with healthy ingredients, this homemade ice cream is too delicious to ignore!
From all my heart … this homemade keto ice cream was AMAZING. Here’s why:
& 100% Natural
Ingredients for Keto Ice Cream
- Sour Cream – We use it as the base for making this delicious ice cream. You can use sour cream, creme fraîche or even heavy cream, but make it full fat and unpasteurized if possible (this will enrich the flavors even more).
- Berries – I suggest to use a mix of cranberries, blueberries and blackberries. Use either fresh or frozen berries but, in case you’ll be using fresh berries, make sure to use frozen banana.
- Beetroot – In case you’re wondering where that beautiful red color comes from, beetroot is the answer (together with all those berries, of course!). Beetroot is also responsible for lots of nutrients and a special sweet taste.
- Banana – Will make your ice cream smooth, thick and creamy, exactly as an ice cream should be. Wait until you’ve tasted it!
- Dark Chocolate – We use it as a flavor surprise inside our ice cream, and most of it will go on top of the ice cream.
- Walnuts – A little goes a long way here! Walnuts will add texture, flavor and lots of nutrients, it’s a nice surprise to include in any ice cream. Love it!
How to make Keto Ice Cream with Berries and Beet
This homemade ice cream comes together quite easily since you won’t need an ice cream maker or any kind of complicated kitchen tools.
Follow these steps to make delicious berry beet ice cream (as always, find complete details in the recipe card!):
- Add all the ingredients in a blender or kitchen robot.
- Blend on medium speed until you reach a creamy consistency. This will take a few minutes.
- Stop when reaching a thick and creamy consistency. Do not over beat the cream or you’ll ruin its delicate texture!
- Almost ready! Pour in glasses and decorate with berries, melted chocolate or nuts. Let your creativity flow and keep it healthy.
- Last step … Transfer in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until set.
- DONE! Serve and enjoy without guilt!
Homemade keto ice cream health benefits
My new favorite dessert was ready in under 10 minutes and tastes like an ice cream on wheels. Here’s why I think it’s one of the best keto desserts ever:
- It’s a health powerhouse – Due to all those healthy ingredients that you’ll be using, this simple ice cream is loaded with beneficial nutrients like healthy fats (nuts, whipped cream), different phytonutrients (berries, beetroot, walnuts), plus vitamins and minerals from all the plants I used.
- It’s sweet but not too sweet – To make it sweet, I used a combination of banana, beetroot and berries. The result? A perfectly sweet ice cream, 100% natural and absolutely delicious!
- It’s naturally sweetened – We aren’t using any kind of added sugar or sugar substitutes. Instead, we rely on plants to make our ice cream perfectly sweet without extra calories or harmful chemicals.
- It’s creamy and thick – I used full-fat sour cream as the base for this simple ice cream recipe. As a result, the texture falls between the classic whipped cream and one of thick creamy milkshake.
- It’s super tasty – Ah! The taste … my recipe will blend an interesting combination of beetroot, banana, 3 types of berries, walnuts and chocolate, plus full-fat sour cream (or creme fraîche). The taste is guaranteed to satisfy any ice cream lover. Yessss!
- It’s healthy – I wouldn’t have it another way! As you know by now, my mission is to share desserts that are prepared using the best ingredients possible. I never use additives, preservatives, flavor enhancers, sugar or refined seed oils. I always go 100% healthy and I suggest you do the same!
- It’s won’t cost you much – You’ll be using common ingredients and nobody says you even have to buy organic ingredients.
- It’s low-carb and keto approved – This dessert is breakfast, lunch or dinner approved. To be enjoyed without guilt!
I invite you to try it, enjoy it and share it with others. Sharing is caring!
Pro Tip: Once this simple keto ice cream is ready, pour into your favorite tall glass and decorate using any kinds of toppings you like – I used walnuts, berries and melted dark chocolate. Enjoy and share with someone you love!
What’s your favorite kind of ice cream? Have you made keto ice cream before and how it turned out for you, if you did? Share below.
Berries Beet Simple Keto Ice Cream
- Blender or Kitchen Robot
- 500 g full-fat sour cream (35% fat or more, or creme fraîche)
- 3 tbsp cranberries
- 3 tbsp blueberries
- 3 tbsp blackberries
- 1/2 beetroot (skin removed, slices)
- 1 banana (peeled and sliced)
- 1 square dark chocolate
- 50 g walnuts
- 50 g dark chocolate (melted, use for decoration)
- Add everything into a blender or a kitchen robot, except for the dark chocolate used as a topping.
- Blend on medium speed until you obtain a creamy and thick consistency.
- Stop the blender from time to time and, using a silicone spatula, gather all the cream from the sides of the jar towards the center, where the blades are located. This will help beat the cream faster and better.
- Note - Do not over beat the cream or you’ll ruin its delicate texture! Depending on the cream that you’re using, it may thicken more or less.
- Pour in a glass and decorate using berries, melted chocolate and walnuts. Let your creativity flow here and try to keep it healthy.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or until set.
- DONE! You’re now ready to enjoy your homemade keto ice cream.