Berries and spinach aren’t your usual smoothie combo but let’s give it a try, shall we? I simply love the idea of mixing different types of berries alongside a few veggies and a creamy avocado (actually 2 small avocados in this case). Let’s call this smoothie breakfast and get on with our day!
This low-carb smoothie recipe doesn’t call for too many ingredients, but it’s going to give you a clean boost of healthy nutrients. It comes packed with creamy avocado, 2 types of berries, frozen spinach, plus fennel, apples and carrots. I’ve told you that it super easy to make!
My blend turned out thick but not very creamy, and I could feel some of the seeds from the berries. But if you have a powerful blender, chances are your smoothie will mix perfectly. As for taste, it was definitely sweet with an intense aftertaste of berries. It wasn’t the best smoothie but it was ok, both me and my wife loved it.
Pro Tip: Want to make your smoothie sweeter but still keep it low-carb? Add 1/2 banana or 1-2 medjol dates and you should be fine. Enjoy!
Berries and Spinach Smoothie Mix
- 2 small avocado
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 50-100 g frozen sea buckthorn (or cranberries)
- 1 slice fennel
- 2 small golden apples (seedless)
- 3 medium carrots
- 700-800 ml water (or enough to cover the ingredients)
- Add everything into your blender, including water.
- Blend on medium to high until everything looks smooth and creamy. If it looks too thick, just add more water and blend again for 20 seconds.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: dark red
- Texture: thick but not creamy, can also feel the seeds from the berries
- Taste: sweet, intense blueberries and sea buckthorn taste