Refreshing vegetable detox smoothie made using plant-based ingredients that will help your system thrive. When you’re looking for something different at breakfast, give this vegetable smoothie a try!
This smoothie turned out thick and creamy, with a definite taste of refreshing berries and a subtle fenugreek-ginger-cardamom aftertaste. It comes packed with plenty of “good-for-you” nutrients including plenty of gut-friendly fiber, so it’s guaranteed to keep you full for hours.
Reasons to try this vegetable red smoothie
This detox vegetable smoothie was definitely something special. It was:
Easy to Blend
Like a Mousse
What goes into this Vegetable Detox Smoothie
For this smoothie we use only healthy ingredients (and mostly vegetables) which you can easily find at your local store or farmer’s market. This smoothie is creamy and well mixed, and works perfectly as a grab-and-go breakfast (you can blend it the previous night) or as an easy to digest lunch or dinner.
For the ultimate vegetable detox smoothie combination, which I personally enjoyed making and drinking, you’ll need the following plant-based ingredients:
- Vegetables – carrot, broccoli (frozen), cauliflower (frozen), beet, bok choy, bell pepper
- Fruits – avocado, sea buckthorn berries (frozen), blueberries (frozen)
- Boosters – fenugreek powder, cardamom powder, ginger powder, turmeric powder, raw cacao, wheatgrass powder
- Others – extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil), Himalayan salt
Pro Tip: Most of the ingredients used are fresh raw ingredients with a few exceptions that are actually frozen ingredients. In order to make sure that my smoothies end-up refreshing and creamy, I always go with a few frozen ingredients. This time I happen to use frozen broccoli, cauliflower and two types of berries.
This vegetable detox smoothie was:
The perfect way to start the day!
Made using real unprocessed fruits and vegetables
Great for detoxing your system and keeping you healthy
Creamy and Thick
Has the perfect mousse-like texture
Tastes like berries with a subtle fenugreek + cardamom + ginger taste
Low in carbs and made with healthy carbs (no added sugar)
Packed with all kinds of beneficial nutrients
Think vitamins and minerals, as well as phytonutrients, raw enzymes and gut-friendly fiber
VEGAN and absolutely DELICIOUS!
If you make this homemade vegetable detox smoothie with berry, beet, avocado, cauliflower and broccoli, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And in case you take a photo of your smoothie creation and share it on Instagram, please tag me @refreshmyhealth and use the hashtag #refreshmyhealth because I love seeing your creations!
What’s your favorite immune boosting ingredient from this smoothie? Share with everyone!
Berry Beet Vegetable Detox Smoothie
- 1 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 2 carrots
- 200 g frozen broccoli
- 200 g frozen cauliflower
- 1 red beet (peeled)
- 1 bok choy
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp frozen sea buckthorn
- 4 tbsp frozen blueberries
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 big tsp turmeric powder
- 1 big tsp ginger powder
- 1 big tsp cardamom powder
- 1 big tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 tbsp wheatgrass powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 500-600 ml water (or enough to cover all ingredients)
- Wash and prep all the ingredients as indicated.
- Blend everything on medium to high speed until you get the desired texture.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for max 2 days.
- Color: very red and maybe a bit dark-red
- Texture: mousse like texture, maybe a bit thick from all the berries used
- Taste: berries with a cacao smell, a subtle fenugreek + ginger + cardamom aftertaste