This fancy vegan Broccoli and Avocado Cream Soup is prepared with many different vegetables, it’s absolutely delicious, perfectly creamy, and 100% vegan. I also like it because it includes broccoli and avocado (two of my favorite plants) plus lots of other nutrient dense veggies.
This recipe is a blend of sweet potatoes, broccoli, avocado, parsnip, celery, fennel, carrot, bell pepper, garlic and basic spices. It’s loaded with healthy fiber, plant-based protein and lots of healthy fats, making low-carb and keto friendly.
What makes this cream soup special?
I enjoyed this cream soup recipe so much that I decided to share it on my website, so you can enjoy it too. This recipe is:
100% Plant based vegan
Low-carb, Whole30 and Keto friendly
Easy to make and super tasty
Comforting and nutrient-rich
It’s sweet and creamy
& Has a beautiful yellow-green color
It’s loaded with all kinds of vegetables … and spices
Great by itself or topped with your favorite extras
I absolutely love the ingredients list for this cream soup because:
- sweet potato
- bell pepper
- frozen broccoli
- Himalayan salt
- dried lovage
- black pepper
How to make this Broccoli and Avocado Cream Soup
Anyone can make this soup, you don’t have to be an expert cook. These are the basic steps to follow (as always, find a the details in the recipe card at the end of the post!):
- Start by preparing all the vegetables: peel, cut or chop them as needed.
- Add everything into a pot and bring to a boil. Cook until the sweet potatoes have become tender.
- Remove from heat and drain the water in a separate bowl. Set aside to cool down for a few minutes.
- Next, it’s time to work with the blender. Add cooked veggies into the blender, also add raw avocado, spices and salt.
- Puree on medium speed until reaching the desired creamy consistency.
- Almost done! Transfer cream soup into dedicated soup bowls and serve.
My recipe yields 3 soup bowls like the ones in the pictures. It’s ready in about 20 minutes, and I promise you that your kitchen will smell amazing.
Nourishing cream soup with broccoli and avocado
This cream soup is one of those recipes to die for! You can serve it by itself or with different extras like nuts, olives or even a slice of sourdough rye bread.
This soup reheats beautifully, making it ideal for leftovers, lunches, dinners and works great even as a weekend breakfast!
Give this green cream soup a try and I bet you won’t regret it! If you try it, let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment, take a picture and don’t forget @refreshmyhealth on Social Media so I can see how it turned out.
Enjoy this broccoli and avocado soup and share it with someone close to you!
What’s your favorite cream soup recipe? Have you tried this one? Let me know in the comments.
Broccoli and Avocado Cream Soup (Vegan)
- Cooking Pot
- 1 sweet potato (skin removed)
- 1/2 parsnip
- 1 big stick celery
- 1 slice fennel
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 100-150 g frozen broccoli
- 1/2 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1-2 tsp dried lovage
- black pepper (to taste)
- paprika (sweet or hot, to taste)
- Prepare all the veggies (cut, peel or chop) and add them into a pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the sweet potatoes have become tender.
- Remove from heat and drain the water in a separate bowl. Let the veggies cool down for a few minutes.
- Add cooked veggies into the blender, next to add avocado, spices and salt.
- Puree on medium speed until reaching the desired consistency. If you feel like your blender needs more power to puree everything, add a bit of the water used for cooking the veggies.
- That’s it! Transfer the cream soup into dedicated soup bowls, garnish and serve with your favorite extras.
Looking for more soup inspiration?
Check-out these colorful nutritious (and tasty!) soups or browse my soups collection to find your inspiration: