The Cinnamon Baked Golden Apples is one of the easiest and most rewarding desserts you can prepare, using just 2 ingredients. Your house will smell great and your taste buds will thank you for a wonderful treat. Stay with me for this one!
This is one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever made and one of the favorite desserts in our house. It’s one of those childhood desserts that our parents used to make us when the weather would get cold outside. It’s also pretty fun to make and doesn’t require more than 5-10 minutes to prepare.
Here’s why I like this desserts so much. It’s simply:
& So easy to prepare
What makes this dessert special?
You literally only need 2 ingredients to make it: you need apples (of course!) and you need cinnamon powder. I also like adding vanilla powder and a few pieces of dark chocolate, but they’re not in any way mandatory. Of course, you can use your favorite kind of apples: red, green, yellow, sweet or sour, they all work great in this recipe. And the good news is that you need only to wash them, you don’t have to peel them or remove their seeds.
One of my favorite things about this little dessert is that it’s going to make your kitchen smell like wonderland. The combination of baked apples and cinnamon smells amazingly fancy. In fact, your entire house will smell great for a few hours. Let me tell you a little secret: whenever we prepare this dessert for someone else, we don’t mention anything about the smell, instead we let them “discover” it on their own. They are simply blown away by the combination of baked apples and cinnamon. This trick never failed, not once!
Baked apples upgraded
You can serve this dessert on its own or pair it with your favorite extras. Here are a few ideas of how you can upgrade it:
- add a few squares of dark chocolate
- use 1 tbsp of your favorite nut butter on top of your serving
- eat it with a handful of raisins
- with sour cream, creme fraiche or full fat yogurt
- or simply cold from the fridge, the next day
- serve it alongside your favorite tea (hot or cold)
- fresh berries of any kind
This dessert is naturally low-carb but there are ways to include even more healthy fats, making it a keto friendly high fat dessert. Here are my favorite ways to upgrade this dessert to a keto status:
- rub your apples with coconut oil or butter before baking
- serve with raw nuts or a nut butter
- serve together with your favorite keto meal (like a side dish)
- server with salty green olives (sounds strange but it works great actually)
I hope you’ll decide to try this dessert because it’s SO GOOD. Let me know how it turned out and what is your favorite way to serve it. Share a photo on Instagram, tag it #refreshmyhealth and I will follow-up with you. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite apples-based recipe? Would you try this one? Share below!
Cinnamon Baked Golden Apples
- 5 big golden apples
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- decorate with dark chocolate (85% cacao)
- Wash the apples and place them in a medium-size bowl.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla powder and rub all over the apples.
- Preheat the oven at 200 Celsius and bake the apples in a heat resistant dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until your house will smell like baked apples 🙂
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down for a few minutes
- Serve fresh alongside your favorite dark chocolate, or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.