This sweet and spicy cream of green vegetable soup is super easy to prepare, extra creamy and comes packed with those “good-for-you” nutrients.
This creamy green soup was so easy to make, while it looks and tastes amazing. It’s:
Easy to make
& Doesn’t cost more
Sweet and Spicy
Great as lunch or dinner
If you’re looking for a nutritious cream soup that’s very easy to prepare, you might want to try this green cream soup recipe. You’ll need to easy-cook some of the ingredients before pureeing everything using your blender. Otherwise it’s a straightforward recipe that anyone can prepare in about 20 minutes.
Here are a few ideas on how to serve this wonderful creamy green soup. Serve it with:
- raw nuts
- French cheese
- or Vegan cheese
- sourdough bread
Give this recipe a try and I bet you won’t regret it! It’s a delicious and easy dinner or lunch, and it can also work great as takeaway food for those busy days at work or on a random weekend trip.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turned out!Leave a comment or take a picture and share it on Social Media. I’d love to see what you come up with.
Would you care to try similar cream soups? Start with this Broccoli and Avocado Cream Soup (Vegan), or maybe the Porcini Mushrooms and Veggies Cream Soup (Vegan). How you checked my Refreshing Creamy Green Soup or this delicious Yellow Cream Soup (Vegan & Gluten-Free)?
Share your favorite cream soup recipe and let me if you made this one. Sending positive vibes to You!
Cream of Green Vegetable Soup (Vegan)
- 125 g frozen broccoli
- 125 g frozen cauliflower
- 125 g frozen green peas
- 70-80 g frozen mushrooms (I used hribi mushrooms)
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 yellow kapia pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried lovage (or parsley)
- 1 tsp white pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ avocado (skin and seed removed)
- Decorated with whole black pepper, hot paprika and dried herbs
- In a cooking pot, add broccoli, cauliflower, green peas, mushrooms and carrot, yellow pepper, and celery.
- Cover with water, bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes, until the carrots have become soft enough.
- Transfer excess water into a separate bowl and let the cooked ingredients cool down a bit (we’ll be using some of the water a bit later).
- Once cooled down, add all the cooked vegetables into your blender (no water please).
- Also add all the other ingredients on the list: extra virgin coconut oil, avocado, all the spices and salt.
- Add 2 cups of the water on top of everything (use the water that we set aside from the vegetables), just enough to make the blending process easier for your blender.
- Puree all the ingredients in the blender until you obtain a creamy consistency. Consider adding more water if your blender has a hard time pureeing everything into a cream.
- Once you’ve reached that creamy consistency, transfer into your favorite soup bowls, and decorate with hot pepper and herbs.
- That was it. Serve hot or at room temp. Enjoy and share with someone you love!