This sweet and spicy Cream of Green Vegetable Soup is super easy to prepare, extra creamy and comes packed with plenty of “good-for-you” nutrients. Ready in about twenty minutes and made almost entirely in one pot, this cream soup recipe is easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner and delicious enough for your next family meal.
This Cream of Green Vegetable Soup was special and here’s why. It was:
Easy to make
Sweet and Spicy
Vegan & Low-Carb
Great as Lunch or Dinner
Ingredients for Cream of Green Vegetable Soup
With this recipe I wanted to prepare something special and that’s why I decided to mix together a few more ingredients than you’d normally see in a similar cream soup recipe. But this doesn’t mean in any way that our soup is difficult to make, it only means that it is even more nutritious compared to your average cream soup.
If you’re used to eating healthy you probably already have all these ingredients in your fridge. But in case this is your first time here, don’t be scared by the fact that we’re using broccoli or cauliflower, this soup will simply turn out amazing (and you don’t have to be an expert cook to make it).
These are the ingredients that you’ll be using to put together this delicious cream soup:
- frozen broccoli
- frozen cauliflower
- frozen green peas
- celery stick
- extra virgin coconut oil
- spices: oregano, thyme, lovage (or parsley)
- white pepper (or black pepper)
- Himalayan salt
How to make this easy cream soup
Cooking this green cream soup is a straightforward process that anyone can follow and it only takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
These are the basic steps to follow:
- Start by adding all the vegetables into a pot and boil for a few minutes, until they become soft.
- Remove from heat, separate the water and let the cooked vegetables cool down for a few minutes.
- Once cooled down, add all those cooked vegetables into a blender (don’t add any water).
- Next add the rest of the ingredients into your blender: extra virgin coconut oil, avocado, all the spices and salt.
- Blend until you obtain a creamy consistency (add a bit of water if needed).
- Almost done! Pour into soup bowls, garnish and serve.
Cooking tips for busy people
Don’t have enough time when you get home in the evening? No worries because this cream soup can be made in a 2-step process:
- Boil the vegetables in the morning and store them in the fridge.
- Once you get home in the evening, simply puree everything into a delicious cream soup.
Note: Reheat the finished soup for 1-2 minutes before serving (since the vegetables are cold-ish) or you can simply enjoy this cream soup at room temperature. Either way, you’re in for a treat!
How to serve this delicious green cream soup
Serve this cream soup with different extras to enhance the flavors but also to add even more nutrients:
- Raw Nuts – nuts will add healthy fats, proteins, other nutrients and .. crunchiness to any meal.
- Olives – loaded with healthy fats and a bit salty, olives will add a subtle mediterranean flavor to compliment any cream soup.
- Soft Cheese (French) – soft cheeses like brie, camembert, munster, or vosges, will match perfectly with this vegetable cream soup.
- Hard Cheese – if soft cheese isn’t your thing, aim for a hard salty cheese like cheddar or parmesan.
- Vegan Cheese – if you choose to pair this soup with a vegan cheese make sure it’s soy-free and made using healthy ingredients (no filler or preservatives).
- Sourdough Bread – rye bread or other types of true sourdough bread will give this green cream soup a new meaning.
Give this recipe a try and I bet you won’t regret it! It can work as a delicious and easy dinner or lunch, or as takeaway food for those busy days at work. Turns out this recipe is great when served either hot or cold, and will keep you full for hours.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment or take a picture and tag it @refreshmyhealth on Social Media. I’d love to see what you come up with.
Share your favorite cream soup recipe and let me know if you made this one. Sending positive vibes to You!
Would you care to try similar cream soups? Start with this Broccoli and Avocado Cream Soup (Vegan), or maybe the Porcini Mushrooms and Veggies Cream Soup (Vegan). How you checked my Refreshing Creamy Green Soup or this delicious Yellow Cream Soup (Vegan & Gluten-Free)?
Cream of Green Vegetable Soup (Vegan)
- Cooking Pot
- 125 g frozen broccoli
- 125 g frozen cauliflower
- 125 g frozen green peas
- 70-80 g frozen mushrooms (I used hribi mushrooms)
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 yellow kapia pepper (or bell pepper)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried lovage (or parsley)
- 1 tsp white pepper (ground, or black pepper)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- decorated with whole black pepper, hot paprika and dried herbs
- In a cooking pot, add broccoli, cauliflower, green peas, mushrooms, carrot, yellow pepper and celery.
- Cover with water, bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes, until the carrots have become soft enough.
- Transfer excess water into a separate bowl and let the cooked ingredients cool down a bit (we’ll be using some of the water a bit later).
- Once cooled down, add all the cooked vegetables into your blender (no water please).
- Continue by adding the rest of the ingredients into the blender: extra virgin coconut oil, avocado, all the spices and salt.
- Add 1-2 cups of the water on top of everything (use the water from cooked vegetables), just enough to make the blending process easier for your blender.
- Puree all the ingredients in the blender until you obtain a creamy consistency. Consider adding more water if your blender has a hard time pureeing everything into a cream.
- Once you’ve reached that creamy consistency, transfer into your favorite soup bowls, and garnish (i used black pepper, chili powder and herbs).
- That was it. Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy your cream soup and share with someone close!
- boil the vegetables in the morning and store them in the fridge.
- make the cream soup in the evening and reheat before serving.