Cheesy, grain-free and gluten-free keto pizza loaded with homemade tomato sauce, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, bell peppers and Italian parmesan cheese. This low carb alternative to “regular” pizza is great if you want to cut carbs and still want to enjoy keto pizza that actually tastes like pizza.
This keto approved pizza is de-li-cious and so worth-it. Who needs “regular” pizza that’s loaded with unhealthy carbs, or frozen pizza that never tastes good, when you can have this homemade low-carb pizza instead?!
Before moving forward, I’d like to share with you a few reasons why I think this keto pizza recipe is amazing. This keto pizza is:
Delicious & Nutritious
A recipe to die for
Tastes like the original Italian pizza
Topped with the most delicious parmesan crust
Loaded with healthy fats
& Perfect as breakfast, lunch or dinner
One of most satisfying recipe I’ve ever made
Super Cheesy, like a pizza should be
Ingredients for Delicious Keto Pizza
In a nutshell, these are the ingredients that you’ll be using for this keto pizza:
- almond flour
- flax seeds (grounded)
- chia seeds (grounded)
- bell pepper
- parmesan cheese
- tomato juice
- fresh ginger
- fresh garlic
- dried oregano
- dried basil
How to make this delicious keto pizza
You’ll be making the keto dough yourself and also put together the pizza (once the dough is ready). Don’t worry, it sounds more complicated than it actually is.
Here’s how to make this keto pizza (don’t forget the full recipe card is at the end of this post!):
- First step is to prepare the pizza dough (low-carb version, of course) from the ingredients indicated in the “pizza dough” section. The dough requires several steps: mixing the ingredients, placing the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes, rolling the dough into a thin crust and finally pre-cooking the crust.
- In the meantime, you’ll prepare the tomato sauce (actually 2 versions of it). You’ll be using one version of the tomato sauce inside the pizza and the second one on top of the pizza (with beaten eggs as the “secret” ingredient for a delicious pizza crust).
- Once the dough is ready, roll it into a thin crust and start adding the toppings in layers, one by one. Feel free to include the kind of toppings that you like and enjoy, in the quantities that you prefer.
- Last step is to bake the pizza in the over for 30-40 minute at 150-180 Celsius.
- DONE! Doesn’t sound too hard, right!
This keto pizza is loaded with vegetables and very low in carbs, which makes it perfect to serve as breakfast, lunch or even as a low-carb dinner or a grab-and-go snack.
I’m so happy to share this recipe with you, and I truly hope this recipe will give you the same positive energy that it gave me.
If you decide to bake this keto pizza, let me know how it turned out for you, if you like it or what could be improved. I’d also appreciate if you can rate it and leave me a review.
Sharing is caring, you know! Spread the love by sharing this post to someone you know will appreciate it.
Delicious Keto Pizza Recipe (Vegetarian)
- Blender or Cooking Robot
- Pizza Tray
- 5 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (grounded)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (grounded)
- 1 egg
- a bit of water (for mixing everything)
- 1/2 bell pepper (cut small)
- 100 g mushrooms (I used hribi mushrooms)
- 5 cm leeks (sliced)
- 150 g fresh or frozen spinach (chopped)
- 150 g fresh or frozen broccoli (cut big)
- 10-15 olives (kalamata, green olives, zaromenes)
- 1 fresh tomato (slices)
- 100 g parmesan cheese (Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 250 ml tomato juice (no other ingredients)
- fresh ginger
- fresh garlic
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt (or your favorite salt)
- 2 eggs (for mixing into the sauce)
- Use a blender or cooking robot to grind the flax seeds and chia seeds together.
- Add all the ingredients for the pizza dough into a bowl. Mix until you get a firm solid dough. Note the dough will have a slightly darker color from the chia and the flax seeds.
- Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes until it solidifies a bit.
- You’ll be making 2 versions of the tomato sauce: with or without beaten eggs. One will be used inside the pizza and the other will go on top of the pizza (the crust).
- Note - If using another type of salt, start with a little just to make sure that you won’t end-up with sauce that’s salty.
- Tomato Sauce version 1: Add all the ingredients (except for the eggs) into a small bowl. Using a tsp, mix for 1 minute or until combined.
- Tomato Sauce version 2: Separate half of the tomato sauce above, break 2 eggs and add them into the sauce. Using a fork, beat the eggs into the tomato sauce until combined.
- When you’re ready to prepare the pizza, remove the dough from the fridge and prepare to roll it into a crust.
- Place the dough between two pieces of baking paper and roll out until the dough is very thin. Use your fingers to roll the edges, creating a rim to hold the pizza filling. Alternatively, use a nonstick silicon covered roller to roll the dough.
- Add the crust to a pizza tray and prepare to bake.
- Bake this pizza crust in the oven for 10 min at 150 Celsius. Once baked, the crust should become a bit more solid.
- Remove from the oven and start adding all the toppings.
Let’s Make this Keto Pizza!
- Start with a pre-cooked pizza crust (see instructions above).
- Start by adding the tomato sauce (the half without eggs). Make sure you spread it evenly on the crust and don’t add too much (less is more here).
- Add a layer of grated parmesan cheese.
- Continue by adding all the toppings that you like, in the quantities that you prefer.
- Add another layer of tomato sauce but this time make sure you’ve mixed in 2 beaten eggs (tomato sauce version 2).
- Add another layer of grated parmesan cheese.
- Last step … Bake in the oven at 150 Celsius for at least 30 mins or until all the ingredients have formed a nice yellow crust together with the sauce and the cheese. You’ll know it’s ready when your kitchen will start smelling like freshly baked pizza.
- That’s it! Always test to make sure all the ingredients on the pizza are cooked. When ready, remove from the oven and set aside for a few minutes to cool down.