This delicious Norwegian Ice Cream is all about simplicity, one of the principles of the Scandinavian culture. And to show you how easy it is to make it, I’ve prepared this dessert at my local IKEA store (you’ll recognize it in the pictures).
Want to know why I called this dessert Norwegian Ice Cream? Well … simply because I used fresh local wild raspberries that are so popular in Norway during summer and autumn. In fact, Norwegians love their berries so much that you can find fresh berries everywhere (all kinds and shapes).
Norwegian ice cream 101
This dessert is so easy to make and only requires 5 simple ingredients. You’ll be using:
- fresh raspberries
- full-fat Greek yogurt
- small banana
- vanilla powder
Guys … this Norwegian Ice Cream may be easy to prepare but this doesn’t mean it’s not delicious. I love it because it’s:
Easy to make
Healthy and Delicious
Loaded with berries
Not too sweet
Ridiculously easy to make
Tips for perfect Norwegian Ice Cream
- For best results, use Greek yogurt that is 10% fat.
- Instead of Greek yogurt, you could also use crème fraîche or sour cream, which has a slightly different taste and more healthy fats overall (40% fat).
- Full-fat sour cream or crème fraîche are perfect when you follow a low-carb and keto way of eating.
- This isn’t only a 1-minute recipe but also a refreshing dessert. Make sure that all the ingredients are cold from the refrigerator when you make this.
- Don’t have raspberries? Feel free to use other kinds of berries but keep in mind that the color of your ice cream will also change.
- Enjoy without an open heart because this dessert is super-duper healthy!
Homemade desserts are best!
Trust me, homemade desserts will always turn out better compared to what you can usually buy ay the store. But maybe most importantly, making your own desserts puts you in control of the ingredients list.
This automatically means that you know exactly what you’re putting inside your body. This way you’ll avoid all the preservatives, fillers and low-quality ingredients that come with store bought desserts and treats.
This Norwegian ice cream is ideal to serve as a quick treat between meals, and perfect when you want something fast and a bit sweet.
It’s naturally sweetened and it won’t raise your blood sugar, plus it’s packed with probiotics (friendly gut bacteria) from the yogurt, as well as phytonutrients from those fresh wild berries.
I hope you’ll enjoy this dessert as much as we did. Share it with someone you love because there are 2 servings in this recipe. Enjoy your health!
Have you made this? Share your experience and leave a review below.
What’s your favorite dessert with berries? How about your favorite 1-minute recipe? Share your wisdom in the comments.
Delicious Norwegian Ice Cream (1-Minute Recipe)
- 125 g fresh raspberries (I used wild Norwegian berries)
- 350 g Greek yogurt (full-fat and creamy)
- 2 tsp raisins
- 1 small banana (peeled and sliced or mashed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Add half of the Greek yogurt in one big mug and half in another mug (we’ll make 2 servings).
- Proceed the same way with the banana, raspberries and raisins, adding half of the quantity in one mug (on top of the yogurt). Also add half of the vanilla powder from the ingredients list.
- Using a tsp, mix everything together until the raspberries have broken down within the yogurt.
- Stop when the yogurt changes color from white to a slightly pink-ish color. This means that those fresh raspberries have spread evenly into the yogurt (and with them all their wonderful aroma).
- Decorate with fresh raspberries and a few raisins.
- Repeat all the steps for the second mug.
- That was it! Serve with your loved one or place in the fridge for later.