The taste of cashews and chocolate always makes for a savory dessert waiting to be enjoyed. Soft and creamy on the inside, with a thin crunchy chocolate layer on top, these cashew butter raw cookies exceeded all my expectations.
Whatever you follow a low-carb or keto diet, or you’re looking for a healthy dessert to try, these cashew butter raw cookies are a great option. They’re low in carbs, free of grains or refined oils, and come with plenty of healthy fats which makes them one healthy dessert in my book.
Here are a few reasons to love these cookies. They’re:
Loaded with healthy fats.
Great on low-carb diets.
Vegan, gluten free, guaranteed.
Sugar free, guranteed.
Soft and Creamy.
With crunchy chocolate on top.
Perfect for winter time.
Trust me, homemade cookies will always turn out better and will definitely be healthier compared to what you can find at the store.
Just try these raw cookies …
Why make these cookies at home when you can buy something at the store? Here’s why:
Homemade is always healthier.
You’re in control of the ingredients so no more “hidden” ingredients.
You learn to appreciate real food and what goes into making a cookie (instead of buying ready-made).
Always sugar-free and cheaper to make.
Customizable and so fun to prepare.
You can make it together with your kids or your loved one.
You end-up with a healthy tasty dessert.
Make this recipe for Christmas, for your birthday or as a gift for your loved one. Make it with your kids or alone, in the week-end or on a random Wednesday night when it’s snowing outside. How about tonight? I know you’ll love it from the first bite.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, tell me what you think of it or tag a picture #refreshmyhealth on Instagram! I’d love to see how it turned out and if you like it. Enjoy your cookies and stay healthy!
Would you try this recipe? What is your favorite low-carb dessert? Share below!
Double Chocolate Cashew Butter Raw Cookies
- 250 g cashew nuts (made into cashew butter)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 100 g dark chocolate (min 70% cacao)
- In a blender or food processor, add cashew nuts and salt.
- Grind for 10-15 minutes, until the nuts have magically transformed into cashew butter. Pause every minute or so (when your machine gets hot) and, using a silicone spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically. This process will make it easier for your machine to process the butter.
- Once your cashews have turned into a slightly creamy consistency, add 1 tsp of coconut oil and process for another 5 minutes, or until you reach a creamy buttery consistency.
- Transfer into a medium sized bowl and set aside to rest.
- Let’s prepare the chocolate cream.
- In a double boiler, add dark chocolate together with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Using low to medium heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil until well combined. The results will be a slightly creamier chocolate paste.
- Take ⅔ of the chocolate paste and add it top of the cashew butter. Use a silicone spatula, mix until the cashew butter and chocolate paste have combined. This won’t take more than 60 seconds and the result will be a chocolate cashew butter.
- Transfer the chocolate cashew butter into a flat bottom dish (I use glass or ceramic) and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to solidify just a bit. This is the main layer of your cookie.
- When almost solid, remove from fridge and pour the rest of the chocolate paste on top of the main layer. This will be the top layer of your cookie.
- Transfer again in the fridge for a few hours, until the entire cookie will turn solid.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into desired sizes. Serve fresh or store in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!