This Double Veggie Surprise Smoothie comes with a refreshing taste, a creamy texture and plenty of beneficial nutrients. It can be the perfect choice for breakfast or for the time when you simply want a healthy drink.
This yellow smoothie is absolutely delicious and super healthy!
Love this Double Veggie Surprise
This is one smoothie that I prepared in a hurry, not to mention that I didn’t had all the ingredients that I wanted (like fennel and celery) so I had to improvise. Good news is that it turned out great anyway and this proves that you can make a great smoothie every single time. You just need a bit of smoothie-love!
Here’s why this smoothie is a winner. It’s:
Fun to Make
Tips for making delicious healthy smoothies
The recipe for a nutrient-packed smoothie is simple: use more veggies and fewer fruits. That’s it!
When it comes to this Double Veggie Surprise Smoothie, this one is definitely a smoothie that will boost your immune system. Why? Because this smoothie is packed with all sorts of “good-for-you” nutrients: vitamins, minerals, healthy fiber, raw enzymes and phytonutrients.
In terms of taste, if you’re not fond of leeks then I suggest skipping it all together. Another option would be to use just a little bit of leeks, or replace it with celery and fennel. Using celery and fennel instead of leeks won’t make much difference in terms of health benefits, but will definitely keep away that special “soup” taste.
If you ask me, I like a bit of leeks in my smoothies and I think this recipe is just perfect. But that’s me, for you it might be a different story … Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
I don’t know about you but lately I feel super creative around plants. When I blend my smoothies I feel inspired to experiment with different plant combinations and the results are always amazing.
As you probably know by now, I also like using as many veggies as possible in my smoothies (this one included). I also like adding high potency spices to my blends, things like turmeric, ginger, cinnamon or cardamom. And that’s on top of the healthy fats like avocado and coconut oil. I guess you can say that I like veggie-based smoothies.
How about you, what’s your favorite kind of smoothie? Did you get a chance to test any of my veggie-based smoothies?
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Share on photo on Social Media and tag it @refreshmyhealth so I can follow-up with you.
What’s your favorite kind of smoothie? Would you try this vegetable smoothie? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Double Veggie Surprise Smoothie
- 2 avocados (peeled and seeded)
- 2 carrots
- 2 golden apples
- 5 cm leeks
- 150 g frozen broccoli
- 3 kale leaves (stalks removed)
- 1 red beet (no skin, cut big)
- 2 slices lemon (organic)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp wheatgrass powder
- 1-2 cm fresh ginger root (chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 600 ml water
- Start by preparing your kale leaves (remove stalks) and add them into the blender.
- Add just enough water to cover the kale and mix for 10-20 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the remaining water.
- Blend on medium to high speed until everything looks smooth and creamy.
- That’s it! Enjoy cold or at room temperature. Can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.
- Color: dark yellow to light brown
- Texture: creamy and thick, like a shake
- Taste: refreshing taste with a leeks aftertaste; taste may be a bit strange initially, but pleasant and interesting overall.
Other smoothies to love
Looking for more creative smoothies? Here’s a few delicious recipes to switch things up: