Here’s one smoothie that stands out from the crowd. This Double Veggie Surprise Smoothie comes with a refreshing taste, a creamy texture and lots of healthy nutrients. It can be the perfect choice for breakfast or for the time when you simply want a healthy drink. it’s absolutely delicious and super healthy!
This is one smoothie that I prepared in a hurry, not to mention that I didn’t had all the ingredients that I wanted (like fennel and celery) so I had to improvise. Good news is that it turned out great anyway and this proves that you can make a great smoothie every single time. You just need a bit of smoothie-love!
In terms of taste, if you’re not fond of leeks I suggest skipping it all together, or maybe use just a little or replace it with celery or fennel. Using celery and fennel instead of leeks won’t make much difference in terms of health benefits, but will definitely keep away that special “soup” taste. Myself, I like a bit of leeks in my smoothies and I think this recipe is just perfect. But that’s just me, for you it might be a different story … Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Here’s why this smoothie is a winner. It’s:
Fun to make
As you probably know by now, I like making smoothies with as many organic veggies I can buy. I also like adding high potency spices to my mix, things like turmeric, ginger, cinnamon or cardamom. And that’s on top of the healthy fats like avocado and coconut oil. I guess you can say that I like veggies-based smoothies. Don’t know why, I just feel creative around plants and when I blend smoothies, I feel inspired to include different plant combinations into these recipes.
How about you, what’s your favorite kind of smoothie? Did you get a chance to test any of my veggie-based smoothies?
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Share on photo on Instagram? Tag it #refreshmyhealth so I can follow-up with you.
What’s your favorite kind of smoothie? Would you try this one? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Double Veggie Surprise Smoothie
- 2 avocados (peeled and seeded)
- 2 carrots
- 2 golden apples
- 5 cm leeks
- 150 g frozen broccoli
- 3 kale leaves (stalks removed)
- 1 red beet (no skin, cut big)
- 2 slices lemon (organic)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp wheatgrass powder
- 1-2 cm fresh ginger root (chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 600 ml water
- Start by preparing your kale leaves (remove stalks) and add them into the blender.
- Add just enough water to cover the kale and mix for 10-20 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the remaining water.
- Blend on medium to high speed until everything looks smooth and creamy.
- That’s it! Enjoy cold or at room temperature. Can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.
- Color: dark yellow to light brown
- Texture: creamy and thick, like a shake
- Taste: refreshing taste with a leeks aftertaste; taste may be a bit strange initially, but pleasant and interesting overall.