In this new apple carrot pancakes recipes we change a bit the classical paleo pancake recipe, substituting bananas for apples and carrots. This makes for a slightly different pancake recipe with even fewer carbs compared to the classical banana and eggs pancakes.
These pancakes are gluten-free and dairy-free and, since we use apples and carrots instead of banana, the total carb count is even lower.
But that’s not all because these apple carrot pancakes are packed with healthy fiber to aid your gut health (and digestion).
Check this quick primer on fiber and its associated health benefits:
- soluble fiber is food for your gut bacteria promoting a healthy immune system.
- insoluble fiber is associated with healthy intestinal transit.
These apple carrot pancakes are delicious!
Here’s why I love these pancakes so much. They are:
Fun to make
Low and carbs
Trust me, homemade gluten-free pancakes will always turn out better and will definitely be healthier compared to what you can find at the store.
Why make paleo pancakes at home?
Wondering why (or even if) you should make these apple and carrot pancakes at home when you can order something online? Here’s why:
Homemade is always healthier (and fun too).
You are in control of the ingredients so no more “hidden” ingredients.
No more additives, preservatives or fillers in your pancakes.
You’ll start appreciating real food to a whole new level.
These pancakes are sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free (use coconut oil instead of butter)
… and cheaper to make!
You’ll might feel inspired to customize this recipe with your favorite extras.
You can prepare these pancakes together with your kids or your loved ones.
You end-up with a healthy and tasty breakfast, dessert or snack.
Dear friend … these pancakes are so easy to make and so delicious that you won’t be able to stop. But don’t worry because, as long as you’re eating natural , you don’t have to stop.
Listen to your body because your body (that innate intelligence inside you) already knows what’s good for you. No more calorie counting for this one, ok!
I hope you’ll give these apple carrot pancakes a try and you’ll let me know how they turned out, ok? Don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends. Sharing is caring!
Easy Apple Carrot Pancakes (Gluten-Free & Low-Carb)
- Plain Bowl
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium apple (grated, remove juice)
- 2 big carrots (grated)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 big tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- 4-5 tsp butter (for cooking, or coconut oil)
- Wash and grate the carrots and apples, making sure to remove any excess water or juice that may result in the process (especially from the apple).
- In a medium bowl add eggs, spices, sweetener, plus grated carrots and apples.
- Slowly mix all the ingredients in the bowl, using a whisk or a fork.
- Next step is cooking the pancakes in a skillet, one by one. For each pancake we’ll be using 1/2 tsp of butter to grease the skillet before cooking.
- Preheat your skillet and add 1/2 tsp butter. Using a medium ladle, add your first pancake into the skillet.
- Cook on small heat until lightly brown on one side, then carefully flip using a silicone spatula.
- Continue cooking on the other side until done, making sure not to burn the pancake.
- Once done remove the pancake from skillet and stack on a large plate.
- Repeat from #5 until the entire batter is gone, making sure to grease the skillet with butter every time.
Looking for other gluten-free recipes for pancakes?
- Messy Banana and Egg Pancakes with Berries
- Low-Carb Pancakes with Chocolate and Cashew Butter
- Flourless Pancakes with Caramelized Apples and Low-carb Blueberry Jam
I also have a pancakes tag so maybe you want to check that as well. Thanks!