In this new apple carrot pancakes recipes, we substitute bananas for apples and carrots. This makes for a slightly different recipe with even fewer carbs compared to the classical banana and eggs pancakes.
These pancakes are gluten-free and dairy-free and, because we use apples and carrots instead of bananas, their total carb count is lower. But that’s not all because these pancakes are also loaded with healthy fiber (soluble and insoluble). It’s worth noting that soluble fiber is food for your gut bacteria, promoting a healthy immune system.
Here’s how I would define these pancakes. They are:
Fun to make
Low and carbs
Trust me, homemade gluten-free pancakes will always turn out better and will definitely be healthier compared to what you can find at the store.
Just try these pancakes
Why make these apple and carrot pancakes at home when you can buy something at the store? Here’s why:
Homemade is always healthier (and fun!)
You’re in control of the ingredients so no more “hidden” ingredients.
You learn to appreciate real food to a whole new level
Always sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free (use coconut oil instead of butter)
… and cheaper to make.
You’ll feel inspired to customize the recipe with your favorite extras.
You can make it together with your kids or your loved one.
You end-up with a healthy tasty breakfast, dessert or snack.
Guys … these pancakes are so easy to make and so delicious that you won’t be able to stop. But don’t worry because, as long as you’re eating natural, you don’t have to stop. Listen to your body as your body (that innate intelligence inside you) always knows when to stop. No more calorie counting for this one, ok?!
I hope you’ll give these apple carrot pancakes a try and you’ll let me know how they turned out, ok? And don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends. Sharing is caring!
Easy Apple Carrot Pancakes (with Cacao)
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium apple (grated, remove juice)
- 2 big carrots (grated)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 big tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- 4-5 tsp butter (for cooking, or coconut oil)
- Wash and grate the carrots and apples, making sure to remove any excess water/juice that my result in the process (especially from the apple).
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, spices, sweetener plus the grated carrots and apples.
- Gently mix all the ingredients in the bowl, using a whisker or a fork.
- Next step is cooking the pancakes in a skillet, one by one. For each pancake we’ll be using 1/2 tsp of butter to grease the skillet before cooking.
- Preheat your skillet and add 1/2 tsp butter. Using a medium ladle, add your first pancake into the skillet.
- Cook on small heat until lightly brown on one side, then carefully flip using a silicone spatula.
- Continue cooking on the other side until done, making sure not to burn the pancake.
- Once done remove the pancake from skillet and stack on a large plate.
- Repeat from #5 until the entire batter is gone, making sure to grease the skillet with butter every time.
Looking for other healthy pancakes recipes?
- Messy Banana and Egg Pancakes with Berries
- Low-Carb Pancakes with Chocolate and Cashew Butter
- Flourless Pancakes with Caramelized Apples and Low-carb Blueberry Jam
I also have a pancakes tag that I update regularly so maybe you want to check it. Thanks!