Delicious oil-free baked french fries that come together in record time and taste amazing. Ready for your new favorite snack or side? Allow us to present this easy 4-ingredient recipe that delivers crispy sweet and white potato fries that happen to be oil-free. Let’s do this!
I hope you fall in love with these baked fries! They’re:
Crispy on the outside
Tender on the inside
& SO easy to make
Why you’ll love these baked french fries?
- You’ll enjoy french fries that are actually healthy and fun to make.
- This recipe for french fries is free of refined seed oils and trans fats. These unhealthy types of fats contribute to oxidation in your body by generating free radicals, leading to system wide inflammation and cell breakdown.
- These baked fries are prepared using healthy fats like butter, coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Instead of deep frying these fries in unhealthy refined seed oils, we’ll bake these fries in the oven.
- Baked french fries are the perfect example of how an unhealthy food can be turned into healthy food.
- Plus they taste even better compared to those greasy “regular” fries and can be enjoyed guilt-free!
- Cooked this way, baked potatoes and veggies are actually beneficial for your gut health. This way of cooking promotes the growth of beneficial gut flora, since the food will now act as food for your gut bacteria (prebiotics).
What you’ll need to make baked french fries
Our healthy french fries recipe is based on a few simple ingredients and comes together in record time. This is what you’ll need:
- white potatoes or sweet potatoes
- butter (or coconut oil)
- black pepper (optional)
- spices (optional)
How to make amazing french fries
- Start by peeling the potatoes and wash them clean (Don’t bake with skin on, unless you use organic potatoes!).
- Slice potatoes into thin wedges and add to a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and spices on top. Also add thin butter slices.
- Use your hands to mix the potatoes with butter and spices, until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes at 180-200 Celsius.
- Remove from the oven when done and set aside for a few minutes to cool down before serving.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly!
- White or Sweet Potatoes. Use white or sweet potatoes in the quantities that you want. You can even use carrots, just make sure to subtract the quantity from the total quantity of potatoes.
- Spices for flavor. Use fresh or dried herbs and simply use the spices that you want to use! A few suggestions are chili powder, thyme, basil, parsley and even garlic powder works wonders.
- Want to make this recipe vegan? Replace butter with extra virgin coconut oil or with quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Do you like your fries crunchy? The secret to making crunchy french fries is to do the following “trick” for the last 5 minutes of baking time … Stop the normal heating of the oven and start the ventilator located at the back of the oven (if your oven is equipped with one). Alternatively, you could stop only the bottom heating while keeping the heating at the top.
If you enjoy this healthy recipe for french fries, please consider leaving me a short review below. It would help me not only to improve the recipe, but will also help me to know that you appreciate my work. Thank you!
I hope you’ll love this baked french fries recipe as much as we did, and please don’t forget to share it with someone you love. Sharing is caring!
Have you made baked french fries before? Share your tips below!
Easy Baked French Fries (Oil-Free!)
- Oven Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- 800 g potatoes (white and sweet potatoes)
- 25-30 g butter
- 1-2 tsp salt
- black pepper (optional. to taste)
- herbs (optional, to taste)
- Peel and slice the potatoes to be cooked as french fries.
- Add sliced potatoes into a bowl, together with salt and spices.
- Slice butter into small pieces and add over the bowl with potatoes.
- Use your hands to mix the potatoes with butter and spices until well combined.
- In a regular baking tray, lay down a sheet of parchment paper. Arrange potatoes side by side, forming rows and columns.
- Transfer in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes at 180 Celsius. Test from time to time to make sure they won’t burn.
- Remove from the oven when done and set aside for a few minutes to cool down before serving. Enjoy and share!