You can’t beat this easy fruit salad recipe with yogurt! It’s delicious and refreshing, and a must-have for those days when you want something fresh and a healthy boost of nutrients. This fruit salad makes a delicious breakfast, easy dessert or snack, and even works great instead of the traditional dinner.
All you need to make this healthy fruit salad recipe are different fresh fruits, a few walnuts for crunchiness and Greek yogurt. Add your favorite spices (we used cinnamon or cardamom) and you’ll end-up with an amazing bowl of fruit salad that tastes amazing. Your kids are sure to love it too!
You will love this easy fruit salad bowl
This easy fruit salad bowl with yogurt is so delicious that you know it just by looking at the pictures. It’s:
Easy & 100% Raw
& Super Healthy
How to make for Fruit Salad with Yogurt
This fruit salad recipe can be ready in 2 minutes and anyone can make it. These are the ingredients that you’ll need:
- Greek Yogurt
- Cinnamon Powder
- Cardamom Powder (optional)
As for putting this fruit salad together, it’s almost too easy to call these instructions. These are the steps for making this fruit salad:
- Start by preparing the fruits as needed.
- Add fruits into a big bowl, including yogurt, and mix to combine.
- Transfer to your favorite salad bowl and decorate with cinnamon.
- DONE! How easy was it?!
Reasons to try this easy fruit salad with yogurt
To all fresh fruit lovers out there, this nutrient-dense fruit salad was healthy superfood:
Nourishing for the body and satisfying for the soul.
Refreshing and perfect to be served instead of traditional breakfast.
This fruit salad can also work great as a quick meal-replacement or snack.
Designed to energize you in a healthy way, without added sugar.
Low in fructose (carbohydrates in fruit) and made without added sugar, this fruit salad won’t spike your blood glucose.
Gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, and free of any bad stuff.
Packed with good fats from avocado and walnuts, as well as from Greek yogurt.
Supports fat burning and the low-carb or keto ways of eating.
Delivers an assortment of vitamins and minerals, different phytonutrients (antioxidants included), raw enzymes and plenty of healthy gut-friendly fiber.
Since we are using fresh fruit, this recipe delivers plenty of enzymes so it’s easy to digest and perfect when you want something light.
Won’t cost you much to buy all the ingredients.
Vegan option available … and Awesome!
This fruit salad bowl can be upgraded!
Not only this fruit salad with yogurt is delicious by default, but you can easily upgrade it or even transform it into a totally different culinary experience. Here are a few of my ideas for upgrading this fruit salad recipe:
- Use amazing spices. For this fruit salad we used both cinnamon and cardamom powder, as a way to enhance the flavors even more. You can use both of these spices or you can only use one of them, and even vanilla powder could be an option. Experience with the flavors and see which one you like most!
- Include other type of nuts. Pecans are a great switch for walnuts since they have almost the same texture and a similar taste (though not the same). You could also use cashews and even macadamia nuts work well, especially if you like your nuts more crunchy. Pine nuts are another favorite in our house, and they’ll work pretty good in this raw fruit dessert.
- Use some tropical fruit. Should you want to give this salad bowl a tropical flavor, add a bit of fresh or frozen pineapple or mango.
- Add one fresh apple. Add one sweet and sour apple to this fruit salad and give it even more flavor. The options to upgrade this fruit salad are limitless!
- Coconut chips for crunchiness. Coconut chips will add plenty of crunchiness and more nutrients, especially good fats and lots of gut-friendly fiber.
- Dried fruit for sweetness. Should you want to add a bit of extra sweetness for a post-workout meal, use raisins, medjool dates or dried figs. This is all you need to enrich this treat and bring it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
- Use crème fraîche instead of yogurt.* Try switching Greek yogurt for crème fraîche and you’ll end-up with a delicious dessert that tastes a bit different and comes with even more healthy fats. Just make sure to use less crème fraîche compared to yogurt, since crème fraîche has more fats overall.
- Make this fruit salad vegan. Should you want to make this recipe vegan, use a non-dairy yogurt. Just use your favorite almond or other non-dairy yogurt.
This fruit salad keeps in the fridge for up to 1 day. It’s the best eaten on the first part of the day, and then tends to get a little runny as the fruits will oxidize (even when covered with a lid).
If you feel this easy fruit salad with yogurt is something that you’d enjoy, please try it and don’t forget to share it with others. This fruit salad is definitely super healthy and delicious and it deserves some top love!
What are your favorite extras to add to this fruit salad? Share below!
Fruit Salad with Yogurt | Low-Carb & Delicious!
- Salad Bowl
- 2 small bananas (or 1 big banana, peeled and sliced)
- 200 g blueberries
- 1 medium avocado (skin and seed removed)
- handful of walnuts (halves)
- 500 g Greek yogurt (10% fat)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
- Prep the fruits as needed and add them into a big bowl.
- Add yogurt and mix well until combined.
- Transfer into 2 salad bowls for serving and decorate with cinnamon.
- DONE! Share with someone close and enjoy together.