This Galia melon smoothie is a great source of vitamins and minerals, and comes with a pure green taste guaranteed to make you fall in love from the first sip.
I confess that I don’t use melons very often in my smoothies, just because I prefer them only when they’re in season. But when I do use them, the smoothie turns out pretty interesting. These yellow melons are a great source of vitamin C and A, plus some B vitamins, vitamin K, minerals (potassium, magnesium, copper) and fiber. I also like the sweet flavor they add to my smoothies, without being too sweet overall.
I hope you’ll love this smoothie! It’s:
Bright pure green
Loaded with healthy nutrients
Easy to make
Besides Galia melon, I also used spinach which is one super healthy plant. Spinach is simply loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants, all those things that we need to fuel our immune system. Spinach is also known to have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect which makes it a top choice on my list.
Avocado, cucumber, bok choy, carrots or sea buckthorn are there to complete this smoothie. You simply have to try it to know what I mean. Have I told you about its pure green color? I guess I did now …
If you try this smoothie, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #refreshmyhealth on Instagram so I can follow-up. Enjoy your smoothie!
What’s your favorite green smoothie recipe? Would you try this one? Share below!
Galia Melon Green Shot Smoothie
- 2-3 big slices Galia melon (skinless and seedless)
- 1 medium avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 1 bok choy (chopped)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1/2 cucumber fabio
- 2-3 tbsp frozen sea buckthorn
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 1/4 fennel (chopped)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- no other spices
- 600 ml water
- Wash and prep all the ingredients as indicated.
- Blend everything on medium to high speed until you reach the desired texture.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for max 2 days.
- Color: bright pure green
- Texture: not too light and not too thick, just right
- Taste: light melon and cucumber taste