The Greens and Healthy Fats Springtime Smoothie comes with an interesting but unexpected taste, plus it has a rich and creamy texture that we all love in a smoothie. It’s loaded with many “good-for-you” nutrients and can be ready in 10-15 minutes. Let’s blend it together!
There’s something amazing about putting together a healthy smoothie from only a few ingredients. It’s all about the magic of starting with those raw ingredients and transforming them into a healthy drink that can give you a clean boost of energy.
If you’re looking for something different from your average banana and avocado smoothie, this one might be just the thing for you. This one comes with a very unexpected taste, and has that rich and creamy texture that we all love in a smoothie.
With this recipe I wanted to do something different, so I used prunes and grapefruit instead of bananas. I also used frozen spinach, carrots, fennel or basil, plus chia seeds. The result was a green smoothie made up from just a few simple ingredients, yet loaded with healthy nutrients and having more than one taste. I loved it, my wife loved it, and we hope you’ll love it too.
Need more reasons to try it? It was:
Creamy and Thick
Greens + Grapefruit Taste
Ginger + Turmeric Aftertaste
Easy to Blend
& Fun to Drink
If you blend this recipe, let me know how it goes! Leave a comment, tell me what you think about it and please don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #refreshmyhealth on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy your smoothie!
What’s your favorite green smoothie recipe? Would you give this recipe a go? Share your opinion below.
Greens and Healthy Fats Springtime Smoothie
- 1 big avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 3-4 big prunes (seedless)
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 slices fennel
- 100 g frozen spinach
- 2 slices grapefruit
- 2 tsp turmeric + ginger powder
- 4 tsp white chia seeds (or regular chia seeds)
- 2 leaves fresh basil
- 600-700 ml water
- Add everything into your blender. Add enough water to level the ingredients.
- Blend on medium to high until everything looks creamy.
- That’s it! Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: spring light green
- Texture: creamy and thick, easy to drink
- Taste: well-balanced taste: greens taste + grapefruit, with a ginger + turmeric aftertaste