For a fresh and nutritious breakfast, try our Healthy Power-Up Red Smoothie that comes packed with real plants and real nutrients! This smoothie can be perfect as a grab-and-go breakfast when you want something nutritious to keep you happy and healthy.
Why this power-up red smoothie?
People of the world … this power-up red smoothie was above your average smoothie. It was:
What goes into the Power-Up Red Smoothie
This red smoothie recipe will power-up your day, while being sugar-free and low in carbs. It’s easy to make, creamy, a bit sweet and you’ll be using only real plants that come with unprocessed nutrients in order to make it.
These are the ingredients that go into this delicious power-up red smoothie:
- Avocado – nutrient dense and creamy, avocado helps obtain a creamy and well-mixed smoothie
- Apple – lots of nutrients in a low-carb fruit that one should consume daily
- Bell Pepper – packed with vitamin C but also other vitamins and micronutrients (especially antioxidants)
- Beetroot – a nutritional powerhouse, should always be added raw in smoothies for maximum nutrients
- Pomegranate Seeds – comes with all kinds of beneficial nutrients, make sure to use a ripen pomegranate and to carefully remove seeds
- Chia Seeds – packed with fatty acids, fiber, some protein and other nutrients like vitamins and minerals
- Hemp Seeds – healthy fats and good source of protein, plus a good source of minerals and vitamins
- Celery (stick) – good source of different micronutrients, tastes and blends perfectly in smoothies
- Whey Protein – for vegans, replace with vegan protein powder like pea protein or hemp protein
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – helps with the creamy texture of our smoothie, also provides lots of beneficial fats and sustains burning fat for energy instead of carbs
- Lemon (slice) – just a bit of lemon goes a long way in smoothie, use organic otherwise remove skin
- Boosters – Ginger Powder, Turmeric Powder, Cinnamon Powder, Cardamom Powder
- Himalayan Salt – just a pinch will do
- Water – use plain water
Make this smoothie yours
Pro Tip: This recipe asks for whey protein powder which is derived from milk, and this means that our recipe is vegetarian. In case you want to make this smoothie vegan, simply use pea protein powder or hemp protein powder instead. Feel free to skip the protein powder in case you don’t need the additional protein boost and this won’t affect the taste or texture of this smoothie too much.
If you try this Power-Up Red Smoothie recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And in case you take a photo of your smoothie creation and share it on Instagram, please tag me @refreshmyhealth and use the hashtag #refreshmyhealth because I love seeing your creations!
What’s your favorite ingredient from the Power-Up Red Smoothie creation? Share with everyone!
Healthy Power-Up Red Smoothie
- 1 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 2 small apples (seeded)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red beet (peeled and chopped big, organic)
- 1/2 pomegranate (seeds only)
- 2 tbsp chia and hemp seeds
- 1 stick celery (leaves included)
- 2 tbsp whey protein powder (chocolate flavor)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 slice lemon (organic)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 450 ml water (or enough to cover ingredients)
- Prep all the ingredients as need, add into blender and cover with water.
- Blend everything until you obtain the desired texture.
- Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: dark pink-red
- Texture: well mixed, some seeds
- Taste: simple sweet