With crunchy hazelnuts, sweet raisins, fatty coconut chips and raw cacao, this low-carb homemade chocolate will exceed all your expectations. If you’re looking for a simple and delicious chocolate recipe, that also comes with healthy nutrients, then this recipe might be the thing for you. It’s loaded with cacao mass and cacao butter, has a crunchy texture and a subtle coconut and raisins taste. You’ll love it from the first bite!
Truth be told, I love how easy it is to make my own chocolate and I use every opportunity to come up with a new recipe every time. This time I wanted to make something completely different (and hopefully tasty) so I decided to use a combination of hazelnuts, coconut flakes (or chips) and raisins. Turns out they combine superb together and my chocolate turned out crunchy yet soft and creamy.
But that’s not all! This recipe comes with plenty of healthy fats from coconut oil, coconut chips, cacao butter and also from the hazelnuts. It’s great for all the keto and low-carb lovers, but it’s also great if you simply want a healthy snacks with plenty of healthy fats. Since it’s also packed with healthy carbs and protein, it’s not only a delicious treat but can work great as a quick-grab breakfast or a healthy snack.
Here are a few reasons why this chocolate is so good. It’s:
Sweet & Savory
& Easy to Make
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Share a comment below, or share a photo online and tag it #refreshmyhealth. I’d love to see what you came up with. Thanks for reading and enjoy your chocolate!
For more gluten-free and paleo chocolate desserts, make sure to check out my Homemade Chocolate with Macadamias, Mango and Sunflower Seeds, Homemade Dark Chocolate with Walnuts, Easy Keto Chocolate with Sour Cranberries or Double Chocolate Cashew Butter Raw Cookies
What are your favorite chocolate extras? Would you try this recipe? Share in the comments.
Homemade Chocolate with Hazelnuts and Raisins
- 70 g cacao mass
- 70 g cacao butter
- 80 g extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 40-50 g coconut flakes
- 80 g raisins
- Add cacao mass, cacao butter, coconut oil, salt, vanilla and cinnamon into a double boiler.
- Keeping the double boiler temperature low, melt all the ingredients slowly until they combine into a chocolate paste.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and set aside to cool down.
- In a ceramic or glass tray (flat bottom) add hazelnuts, raisins and coconut flakes.
- Pour chocolate paste on top, mix gently using a spatula and place in the fridge to solidify.
- When solid, cut into desired shape and place back in the fridge to rest.