Chocolate lovers: you’ll love this creamy and sweet homemade keto chocolate. Packed with walnuts, fresh berries and raisins for extra flavor, this low-carb dessert is the perfect way to reward your taste buds.
This recipe comes packed with healthy fats like coconut oil, cacao butter, cacao powder and walnuts. All types of healthy fats will do wonders for your healthy, but with this recipe I wanted to focus mainly on coconut oil. These cookies are an easy way to “hide” even more coconut oil, in the form of a soft and creamy dessert.
Coconut oil is one of the best sources of healthy fats that we have available. It’s so popular that you can pretty much find it in any health store, even in supermarkets. It’s great for your immune system, hormones, energy levels, for your hair, skin, nails, mood, and even for cooking your meals with it. The MCTs in coconut oil have natural antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal properties. So there’s a lot going on with coconut oil, Make it a priority to serve as little as 1 tsp every day and your body will thank you for it.
Besides coconut oil, there are a few more reasons to love this homemade chocolate. Here’s why I love it:
Comes with plenty of healthy fats.
I used the best cacao ingredients.
it’s raw, vegan and gluten-free guaranteed.
Sugar free, guaranteed.
Soft and Creamy.
Perfect for low-carb and keto diets.
Trust me, homemade cookies will always turn out better and will definitely be healthier compared to what you can buy at the store.
These little treats are ideal for to serve as low-carb dessert or as healthy low-carb snack. They work great when you have a long day at the office and you need a healthy boost of energy. Why not grab one of these instead of those processed desserts that are loaded with sugar, refined seed oils and refined flours? Why not enjoy a healthy treat for a change?
Just remember, these are not meal replacements and you should eat them in moderation, no more than 1-2 pieces at a time.
If you try these cookies, let us know! Leave a comment, tell me what you think and tag a picture #refreshmyhealth on Instagram! I’d love to see how it turns out. Enjoy and stay healthy!
Indulge in more chocolate recipes
Looking for more chocolate options? Here’s a few delicious recipes that you can try:
Are you using coconut oil in your desserts? Would you try this recipe? Share below!
Homemade Keto Chocolate with Raisins and Walnuts
- 100 g cacao butter
- 80 g extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 handful berries of your choice (blueberries, raspberries, cranberries)
- 1-2 tbsp raisins
- 8-9 walnuts (chopped big)
- pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- In a double boiler add cacao butter, extra virgin coconut oil, raw cacao, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Keeping the double boiler temperature low, melt and combine all the ingredients.
- When the contents in the double boiler look like a chocolate paste, remove from double boiler and set aside to cool down.
- In a glass or ceramic tray, add your berries, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour the chocolate cream on top and mix gently spreading the solids in all directions.
- Transfer in the fridge for a few hours to solidify.
- Remove when solid and cut into rectangle pieces. Enjoy!