Are you looking to make a simple salad but don’t quite know where to start? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Learn how to put together a basic salad without compromising on taste, nutrients or even on your budget.
This one’s all about fresh ingredients and it only takes 5 minutes to put together. Made with your choice of lettuce, spring onion, bell pepper, cucumber, olives (I used kalamata), tomatoes (optional), jalapeno, extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a pinch of your favorite salt. That’s it! Plus it’s perfect to serve with any kind of meal.
Let me tell you about this basic salad. It’s:
Very easy to make
Perfect with any kind of meal
Loaded with green vegetables
Refreshing on those hot summer days
Can be “upgraded” with your favorite extras
Perfect to surprise your partner
Super healthy, loaded with all kinds of “good-for-you” nutrients
Has plenty of healthy fats from those olives
Keto & Low-carb approved
No sugar or refined seed oils added
I simply love this basic salad because it’s super easy to put together and comes packed with fresh vegetables, healthy fats and quality proteins. It’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, plenty of phytonutrients, it’s 100% vegan and comes packed with plenty of healthy fiber.
Enjoy this recipe with someone you love! … And don’t forget to spread the love by sharing this recipe with someone you know!
How To Make a Basic Salad
- iceberg lettuce (as much as needed)
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 1/2 bell pepper (cubed)
- 1/2 cucumber (slices)
- handful of kalamata olives (no seed)
- 1 tomato (optional)
- fresh lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Prepare all the ingredients as indicated and add them into a salad bowl.
- Add salt and lemon or lime juice. Mix again gently for a few seconds.
- Finish by adding your extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil) and gently mix one more time.
- That was it! Serve and enjoy all day long!