Ultra refreshing, thick and creamy, and absolutely delicious, this instant keto berry milkshake totally tastes like ice cream thanks to a rich blend of full fat sour cream, frozen berries and bananas. It’s everything you want in a healthy shake recipe!
Treat yourself to a keto berry milkshake made from healthy ingredients! This berry milkshake recipe (sugar-free milkshake) is EASY, naturally sweet, low in carbs and packed with healthy fats.
You should try this Berry Milkshake!
Friends, this berry milkshake was too good to not share it with you. It was:
Is there anything better than a cold berry milkshake on a hot summer day? I think not!
Berry Milkshake Ingredients
This low-carb milkshake can be made in just a few minutes using a handful of healthy ingredients, which is great because you never know when you’re going to be craving a healthy milkshake.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make the perfect keto milkshake:
- Sour Cream
- Frozen Blackberries
- Frozen Blueberries
- Cinnamon Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Pecans (a few)
- Dark Chocolate (to decorate)
- More Berries (to decorate)
Health benefits and more
I love this simple milkshake recipe because it combines different healthy ingredients into a power shake that’s totally delish!
What about nutrients, Marcel? I sincerely thought you’d never ask! This berry milkshake goes a long way in terms of nutrients by combining:
- the benefits of full fat sour cream – think probiotics, enzymes, healthy fats, protein, assorted vitamins, calcium
- with the powers of frozen berries – think vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients
- and the strength of pecans – protein, healthy fats, enzymes
- plus organic bananas – healthy fiber, vitamins, minerals
- and spices – these are superfoods with potent antioxidants
- as always, we go sugar free and gluten free!
- and free of additives, preservatives and fillers
What you get is an amazing dessert that not only tastes great and looks amazing, but also comes packed with beneficial nutrients to fuel your body from the inside out. It’s that good! Really!
How to make Keto Frozen Berry Milkshake
You are less than 5 minutes away from making the most amazing low carb milkshake ever!
- Add all the ingredients into your blender or kitchen robot.
- Blend until combined into a thick creamy milkshake.
- Pour in tall glasses and decorate exactly as you feel like.
- DONE! Enjoy without guilt because this one is super HEALTHY!
TIP: Stop from time to time and check the consistency of your shake – it should be thick and creamy, something between a whipped cream and a “regular” milkshake. Do not over blend because you will most likely ruin that creamy texture.
Tips for making the perfect keto milkshake
Type of Blender – You won’t need a high-speed blender to ensure ultra creamy and smooth results. Just be sure to blend all the ingredients very well but do not over blend or you’ll risk ruining the fragile texture of the cream.
Blending Tips – Since we’re making this milkshake from plain sour cream, you can say that we essentially beat the sour cream into whipped cream, while combining it with all the other ingredients. Long story short, the cream will tend to go on the outside of the blender jar. When you observe this, stop the blender and use a silicone spatula to gather all the cream towards the middle of the jar, You’ll probably have to do this 2 or 3 times.
Milkshake Texture – The final texture of this berry milkshake should be something between whipped cream and “regular” milkshake. It won’t be as thick as whipped cream, but won’t be as liquid as milkshake either. Hope this makes sense to you!
How to serve this amazing berry milkshake
Sit back and enjoy your milkshake with a spoon!
You can definitely serve this milkshake without any extras you can or enhance it with different toppings. Here are a few ideas get you started:
- dark chocolate
- frozen berry mix
- fresh berries
- frozen banana
- cashew or almond butter
- melted chocolate sauce
- hemp seeds
- raisins or medjool dates
- coconut chips (fresh or roasted)
- cashews, walnuts or pecans
You can have it instead of breakfast, as a delicious treat in the afternoon or as a dessert alternative when you crave something sweet and healthy.
You can even enjoy this keto milkshake as a recovery meal after a moderate workout session. And in case you want to transform it into a post-workout meal (or shake), make sure to include your favorite protein powder or simply add a few more more nuts on the side.
It’s entirely up to you when you indulge on this delicious berry milkshake, because it’s great all the time.
So, let’s grab this keto milkshake – it’s time for dessert! Enjoy and share with your loved ones!
What is your favorite homemade milkshake recipe? Have you tried this berry milkshake? Share below!
Keto Frozen Berry Milkshake
- Blender or Kitchen Robot
- 500 g full-fat sour cream (35% fat or more, or creme fraîche, preferably raw)
- 2 bananas (peeled)
- 3 tbsp frozen blackberries
- 3-4 tbsp frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (liquid, or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder)
- 10 pecans
- 3-4 squares dark chocolate (min 85% cacao, to decorate)
- 1 small cup frozen berry mix (to decorate)
- Add all the ingredients into a blender or a kitchen robot, except for the last 2 ingredients that you’ll be using for decoration (dark chocolate and berry mix).
- Blend until all the ingredients have magically transformed into a thick whipped cream or shake. Stop the blender from time to time and, using a silicone spatula, gather all the cream from the sides of the blender jar towards the middle.
- The final consistency should be something between whipped cream and milkshake (much more creamy compared to classic milkshakes).
- Pour in tall glasses and decorate with your favorite extras - I used frozen berry mix and dark chocolate.
- DONE! Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge for the next day.