The Low-carb Frozen Berries Pink Dessert is prepared using full-fat raw cream, bananas and berries, a few pecans and a touch of dark chocolate. Naturally sweetened and loaded with healthy fats, it must be one of the best desserts ever!
I love this recipe because it combines all the benefits of raw milk (think prebiotics, probiotics, enzymes, healthy fats, assorted vitamins, calcium) with the powers of berries (think vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients) and those of raw nuts (protein, healthy fats, enzymes). What you get is an amazing dessert that not only tastes great and looks amazing, but it’s also loaded with beneficial nutrients to fuel your day.
Pro Tip: You can have it instead of breakfast, as a quick dessert or serve it as a recovery meal after a moderate workout session. In case you want to make it a full post-workout meal, feel free to include your favorite protein powder or simply add a few more nuts to the mix.
Enjoy and share with your loved ones!
Low-Carb Frozen Berries Pink Dessert
- 500 ml raw cream (full fat)
- 2 bananas (peeled)
- 3 tbsp frozen blackberries
- 3-4 tbsp frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (liquid)
- 10 pecans
- 3-4 squares dark chocolate (min 70% cacao, to decorate)
- 1 cup frozen berries mix (to decorate)
- Add all the ingredients into a blender or a kitchen robot, except for the last 2 ingredients: the chocolate and the berries mix used for decoration.
- Mix until they’ve combined into a thick whipped cream or a shake. Stop the blender from time to time and, using a silicone spatula, gather all the cream from the sides into the middle, where the blades are.
- The final consistency should be something between a whipped cream and a milkshake.
- When ready, pour in tall glasses. Decorate with a selection of berries and 1-2 chocolate squares.
- Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge for the next day.
- Color: pink
- Taste: sweet from the berries and the bananas, aroma and smell of the bananas.
- Texture: like a shake, like an ice cream but not that thick, like a whipped cream but lighter in texture.