Thick and creamy, sweet but not too sweet, refreshing and nourishing, we simply loved every sip of the Mad Mango Smoothie. I made this smoothie at the beginning of our smoothie journey and I remember that it turned out to be one of the best recipes. Enjoy and share it with everyone you know!
The Mad Mango Smoothie was:
Super easy to blend
Thick & Creamy
Fun to make
Perfect yellow-green color
What makes Mad Mango Smoothie amazing?
Healthy Fats. I used plenty of avocado, coconut oil and nuts (pecans to be exact). I used 3 avocados (basically one for each glass) plus extra virgin coconut oil, and this made my smoothie super creamy and nice to drink.
Naturally sweet combo: Mango, Dates and Apples. For sweetness I used one fresh mango, a few dates and one apple. Let’s dive into this combo and understand why I used all these ingredients:
- Mangoes are made for smoothies! They’re sweet and a bit sour-ish, just perfect for infusing a tropical taste to your smoothie.
- I also like adding apples to my smoothies because they are sweet enough without being too sweet. Apples are low in carbs compared to other fruits and they are loaded with soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Dates are great for making one’s smoothie sweet without using any kind of refined sugar (or other types of sweetener).
Oh! That creamy combo: Mango and Avocado. Mango and avocado combine perfectly in smoothies and they’ll make for a creamy (and tasty) smoothie. Both will add vitamins and minerals to your smoothie, as well as phytonutrients, enhancing the nutritional value of any smoothie.
Lots of Vegetables. When it comes to blending a healthy smoothie, one of my secrets is using lots of vegetables. With time I started appreciating vegetables more and more, and now I’m using at least a few of them every time I blend a smoothie. Vegetables transform my smoothie is such a way that I wouldn’t go back to not using them.
A rainbow of aromas in your blender
When it comes down to “the perfect smoothie blend” there’s no one recipe. My advice is to be creative, experiment and see what works for you. Play with the quantities and forget about the so-called rules. What rules? Exactly.
Experiment with different combinations and find out what you like or don’t like. Sometimes you’ll fail miserably but other times you’ll end-up with smoothies that will taste amazing.
Smoothies are about making that rainbow of aromas happen right there in your kitchen. And it all starts with using plenty of colorful plants, a bit of time and a decent blender (more on this in another post).
Thank you for reading so far and I hope that I inspired you to make a smoothie today. Make smoothies, have fun and enjoy the ride!
If you decide to try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, share a picture and tag os @refreshmyhealth on Social Media. I’d appreciate a review of this recipe 🙂
Enjoy the Mad Mango Smoothie and share it with someone that needs it!
How often are you making smoothies? What made you get started with smoothies? Share below.
Mad Mango Smoothie
- 3 small avocados (skin and seeds removed)
- 1 medium golden apple (no seeds please)
- 1 big stick celery
- 1/2 small fennel (chopped)
- 3 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium mango (skin and seed removed)
- 2-3 dried dates (chopped small)
- 1 tsp grated ginger (or ginger powder)
- pinch of vanilla powder
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 300 ml water
- decorated with dried dates and pecans (optional)
- Chop and prepare all the ingredients according to my instructions.
- Add everything into the blender, cover with water.
- Blend on medium to high speed until your smoothie looks creamy and smooth.
- Consider adding more water if your blender has a hard time chopping the ingredients. If you want to speed things up, try using the pulse function a few times.
- Once ready, pour into glasses and decorate with chopped dates and pecans.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- Color: perfect green-yellow combo
- Texture: thick and creamy
- Taste: sweet, refreshing