The classical banana and egg pancakes just got a quick version. Topped with freshly made blueberries and blackberries jam, these messy pancakes are super healthy and always tasty. Enjoy without guilt!
These pancakes are all about having a simple, healthy and tasty meal without fuss. You don’t need to order anything, you don’t have to go anywhere and certainly you don’t need fancy ingredients. You’ll be cooking these pancakes yourself and they will taste amazing.
As their name says, these Messy Banana and Egg Pancakes are simply messy looking. And cozy. And healthy. Also super tasty. Today we’re not making pancakes that look “pretty” for posting on your social media. Today we’re making pancakes that will nourish you from inside. Pancakes that can be eaten at breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack.
These pancakes are loaded with healthy nutrients, while being low in carbs, gluten-free and dairy-free, You asked for simple and tasty pancakes and this is exactly what I’ll deliver. Tasty! Healthy! Easy to make pancakes. The simple fact that you are making them in your home while wearing your favorite pajamas says it all.
Here’s why I love these pancakes and you should too. They are:
Easy to Make
& Ready Quickly
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined sugar-free
Keto, Low-Carb, Paleo and Whole30 Approved
You can serve these pancakes as I did (with berries cooked in butter) or you can get creative. It’s up to you! Here are a few ideas for toppings to try with:
- fresh berries
- berries cooked in butter
- melted dark chocolate
- homemade chocolate sauce (homemade)
- full-fat whipped cream (homemade)
- dates, raisins, prunes, figs
- raw butter
- nut butters (almond, cashew, hazelnuts, peanut)
- apple slices (raw or cooked in butter)
I hope you’ll like them as much as I do – let me know what you think in the comments. And if you share a photo online, don’t forget to tag it #refreshmyhealth so I can see what you came up with.
Enjoy and share these pancakes with someone you love!
Would you give this recipe a go? Share your thoughts below.
Messy Banana and Egg Pancakes with Berries
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 bananas (peeled, mashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp butter (for cooking)
- 100 g fresh or frozen blueberries + blackberries
- 1 tsp butter (for cooking)
- Prepare the bananas, peeling and mashing them into a puree.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix all the ingredients using a whisk or a big fork.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet and grease it with 1/2 tsp butter.
- Using a medium ladle, add your first pancake into the skillet.
- Cook on small heat until lightly brown on one side, then carefully flip using a silicone spatula.
- Continue cooking on the other side until done, making sure not to burn the pancake.
- Once done remove the pancake using the same silicone spatula and set on a wide plate. Stack all the pancakes on top of each other.
- Repeat from #3 until the entire batter is gone, making sure you add that 1/2 tsp of butter before each one.
- Add berries and 1-2 tsp butter into heated cast iron skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until all the water has evaporated and the berries have transformed into a jam.
- Add freshly cooked jam on top of the pancakes and serve. Enjoy!