This messy nice cream is absolutely delicious and comes packed with lots of healthy nutrients, plus different flavors and aromas that will make you fall in love with it. It’s prepared with frozen berries, banana, avocado, red beet and cacao, it’s creamy and messy, low-carb and vegan, and ready in under 10 minutes.
People of the world … this messy nice cream calls for a celebration. It’s:
Why make your own nice cream?
Personally, I enjoy nice creams because they are delicious and always have a perfectly creamy texture, but also because there are no rules when making them. Besides being refreshing and so easy to make, plus nice creams are the perfect excuse to “hide” different plants that you wouldn’t otherwise eat by themselves, not to mention daily.
Think about how many beets you are actually eating in a week? Or how many teaspoons of hemp seeds? Even avocados are hard to eat by themselves, right?!
But when you add all these wonderful plants into something like a nice cream, things magically change. All of a sudden you’re eating more plants and you also end-up with a delicious dessert. You feel better, have more energy, sleep better …. Life is great!
Ingredients for this messy nice cream
- Avocado – adds plenty of healthy fats, some vitamins and minerals, plus it helps with that perfectly creamy texture.
- Banana – healthy carbs (including fiber) some vitamins and minerals and plenty of love.
- Blackberries – like all berries, blackberries are loaded with phytonutrients (including antioxidants) and they are de-li-cious.
- Red Beet – a minerals’ powerhouse, red beets are also great source of different phytonutrients.
- Hemp Seeds – one of my favorite superfoods, comes with healthy fats and protein, but also minerals and some vitamins.
- Chia Seeds – another very popular superfood, chia seeds are loaded with healthy fats (including omega 3s), protein and healthy carbs, as well as some minerals and vitamins.
- Cacao Beans – one of the best way to add that fresh cacao flavor to any smoothie or nice cream.
- Himalayan Salt – we add a pinch of salt in order to balance the overall taste of the nice cream.
- Lemon Juice – I used freshly squeezed lemon juice as a way to add a boost of antioxidants and to balance the final taste.
How to make the best nice cream
Whenever I work on a nice cream recipe, I don’t usually start with a plan in mind. Yes, I may have a few plants that I like using almost every time (things like banana, avocado and berries) but otherwise I like to improvise and include different random fruits and veggies.
My goal is to obtain a nice cream that not only tastes great but, most importantly, comes with different healthy nutrients. And the best way to do this is letting my body guide me towards adding the plants that I feel like eating.
Yes, it’s awesome if my nice cream looks great in the end but this isn’t my main goal. And let me tell you that it’s perfectly ok to blend the nice cream that you want to blend. With the ingredients that you want to eat. That’s right!
Back to our delicious recipe, these are the steps for making this nice cream:
- Start by prepping all the plants as needed (peel and chop them, or remove seeds).
- Add all pf them into your blender without adding any water.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. DONE!
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Share a comment below and let me know what you think. And don’t forget to #refreshmyhealth on social media so I can see what you came up with,
Enjoy your nice cream wherever you are!
What plants do you usually “hide” in your nice cream? Would you share your favorite nice cream recipe with me? Let’s chat in the comments.
Messy Nice Cream: Berries, Red Beet and Cacao
- 1.5 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 3 medium bananas (peeled)
- 5 tbsp frozen blackberries
- 1 red beet (peeled and chopped)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 lemon (peeled, organic)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 5-6 cacao beans (chopped small)
- Add everything into the blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into your desired bowl, decorate and enjoy.