This may not be the simplest nice cream recipe out there, but it definitely is a very interesting one, because it comes with different nutrients, flavors and aromas. It’s prepared using berries, red beet and cacao, it’s creamy, it’s messy, super healthy and low-carb, and ready in under 10 minutes.
Whenever I work on a new nice cream recipe, I don’t start with a plan in mind. I have a few basic plants that I like to use every time (like banana, avocado and berries) but otherwise I like to improvise and include different “hidden” veggies whenever I can. My goal is to obtain a nice cream that not only tastes good, but it’s also loaded with different healthy nutrients. It’s a plus if it looks awesome on top of that, but not always my goal.
Here’s what makes this recipe so special:
- Avocado – adds plenty of healthy fats, some vitamins and minerals, plus it helps with the creamy texture.
- Banana – healthy carbs, some vitamins, some minerals and healthy fiber (such as resistant starch).
- Blackberries – like all berries, they are loaded with phytonutrients (including antioxidants).
- Red Beet – a minerals’ powerhouse, red beet is also a great source of different phytonutrients.
- Hemp Seeds – one of my favorite superfoods, comes with healthy fats and protein, but also minerals and some vitamins.
- Chia Seeds – another very popular superfood, chia seeds are loaded with healthy fats, protein and healthy carbs, as well as some minerals and vitamins.
I enjoy nice creams because of their creamy texture and because there are no rules when making your own. They’re refreshing and so easy to make, plus you can easily “hide” different plants that you wouldn’t otherwise eat by themselves, not to mention daily.
Think about how many beets are you actually eating in a day? Or how many tsp of hemp seeds? Even avocados are hard to eat by themselves, right? But when you add all these wonderful plants into something like a nice cream, things magically change. You’re eating more plants are are allowed to call it a healthy ice cream … a nice cream.
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear from you. Share a comment below, or share a photo online and tag it #refreshmyhealth. I’d love to see what you came up with. Enjoy your nice cream wherever you are!
For more delicious breakfast recipes, make sure to check these out:
What plants do you “hide” in your nice cream? What is your favorite nice cream recipe? Share below!
Messy Nice Cream: Berries, Red Beet and Cacao
- 1.5 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 3 medium bananas (peeled)
- 5 tbsp frozen blackberries
- 1 red beet (peeled and chopped)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 lemon (peeled, organic)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 5-6 cacao beans (chopped small)
- Add everything into the blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into your desired bowl, decorate and enjoy.