This big-small salad is all about lots of healthy nutrients in a small bowl. It’s simple, it’s fresh, super healthy and ready in 5 minutes. Made with your own choice of leafy greens, plus tomatoes, eggs, red peppers, green onions, chili and jalapeños, pomegranate seeds, lime juice snd half of avocado on the side.
I love this recipe because it’s super simple to put together and comes packed with fresh vegetables, healthy fats and quality proteins, plus all the micronutrients they bring on the table. It’s delicious to eat by its own or as a side with your favorite lunch or dinner. Plus it works great as grab and go breakfast for those busy days in the city, and it’s perfect all summer long.
Pro Tip: Feel free to play with the quantities and the ingredients list. Summer it’s the time pure inspiration and one of the best times to be creative with your food. As always, go fresh, go local and go organic!
Enjoy this big-small salad with someone you love! … And don’t forget to spread the love by sharing this post!
My Big-Small Salad
- leafy greens of your choice (lettuce, baby spinach, cabbage - chopped big)
- 2 tomatoes (slices)
- 3 boiled eggs (cut in half)
- 1 red pepper (cubed)
- 1-2 scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 chili pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño (chopped)
- pomegranate seeds (as needed)
- fresh lime juice
- 1/2 avocado (slices)
- pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- Prepare all the ingredients as indicated in the ingredients list.
- Add everything into a salad bowl.
- Add lime juice and optional salt.
- Mix a bit to spread everything nicely.
- That was it! Serve and enjoy all day long!