Are you looking for an exquisite low-carb dessert that is uniquely tasty and healthy? Look no further because this layered low-carb dessert is all about changing the rules.
I simply love this dessert because it’s so easy to prepare and it’s completely raw (aka: no heat used). Plus i used some of my favorite ingredients, things like homemade nice-cream, bananas, berries, avocado, coconut sugar, walnuts and homemade chocolate frosting.
Nice Cream, Walnuts and Chocolate Raw Dessert
Layer A - Banana and Berries Nice Cream
- 1.5 banana (peeled, sliced)
- 4 big tbsp frozen cranberries
- 4 big tbsp frozen blackberries
- 4 big tbsp frozen blueberries
- 1 medium avocado (skin and seed removed)
- a bit of water (not too much, just enough to blend your ingredients)
Layer B- Chocolate Frosting
- 100 g lightly salted butter (zero-salt also works)
- 80 g dark chocolate (80% dark or more)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (liquid, or ½ tsp vanilla powder)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
Layer C- Fresh Berries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts
- This layer is made of a simple and delicious nice cream.
- Add all the ingredients for this layer into a blender and blend until you obtain a creamy consistency.
- If needed, add just a bit of water and continue to mix until smooth.
- This layer is made of delicious and creamy chocolate frosting.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate together with coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- When everything has combined, remove from the double boiler and set aside to cool down until it reaches room temperature.
- In the meantime, use a whisk to cream the butter.
- Once the butter is soft enough, add the chocolate cream (remember, at room temperature) and mix until all of it has been incorporated into the creamed butter.
- You’ll know it’s done when your frosting turns a dark brown color and a creamy consistency.
- Place in the fridge and remove 10 minutes before using.
- Nothing to do here - This layer is simply made of a mix of berries.
Putting it all together
- Prepare your dessert by adding one layer on top of another layer. This is a suggestion, you can put the layers in any order you like. With this in mind, here’s how I did it:
- Layer C - Add a few tbsp of frozen berries at the bottom of the jar.
- Layer B - Add a thin layer of chocolate frosting.
- Layer A - Add as much nice cream as you like but leave a bit of room on the top for the walnuts and the 2nd layer of chocolate frosting.
- Walnuts Layer - Add a few tbsp and let them sink in the nice cream for 20-30 seconds before adding the next layer.
- Layer B - Finish by adding the 2nd layer of chocolate frosting, this time make it look nice. Enjoy!