Do you love a good muffin? Are you looking for grain-free muffins that actually taste good? How about eating muffins instead of a regular meal? Let’s explore all your options … plus a recipe that is for all muffin lovers out there. These delicious Pumpkin Seeds and Blueberries Keto Muffins are here to stay.
These delicious low-carb muffins are perfect for breakfast and healthy snacking. They come packed with real nutrients while being sugar-free, grain-free and gluten-free. Your body needs things like healthy fats, quality proteins, vitamins and minerals, and these muffins deliver like no traditional muffin recipe will ever do. Not to mention they’re pretty easy and fun to make , and don’t cost that much either.
I remember the first time I discovered that I can actually bake muffins without using traditional flours, sugar or refined seed oils. I was simply blown away by the idea so I had to try it. The same night I was baking my first batch of keto muffins and let me tell you that my wife simply loved them. I instantly knew these are a winner and since then we’ve made it a regular dessert for us (sometimes even a meal).
Let’s make muffins
It’s a simple batter, mixed by hand without using any kind of mixers. You simply add all the ingredients one-by-one, as explained in the instructions section, making sure you’re using approximately the same quantities. Once your batter is ready, just pour into your muffin forms, add toppings and let them bake in the oven.
What I like most about this recipe is that you can easily make different variations, by using your favorite kinds of toppings. Think fresh or frozen berries, sliced apples, banana slices, dried fruit, cacao or chocolate, nuts and seeds. The “structure” will always be the same, but playing with different extras will add a whole new dimension to your muffins.
Once the muffins are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool down for a few minutes before serving. They can be served fresh or you can store them in the fridge for a few days.
This recipe is perfect for family cooking, together with your partner or with your kids. Kids will have so much fun mixing the batter and playing with all the toppings, and you’ll be amazed how they’ll pretty much invent 10 different variations right there.
What do you think? Would you try this recipe? Let me know in the comments below. And if you decide to make this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag it #refreshmyhealth so I can see what you’ve made.
What is your favorite recipe for muffins? Would you try this one? Share below!
Pumpkin Seeds and Blueberries Keto Muffins
- 120 g almond flour
- 60 g coconut flour
- 6 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 lime (juice only)
- 1 handful blueberries
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds (pre soaked)
- Preheat the oven at 180 Celsius. In the meantime let us prepare the batter.
- In a medium bowl, add all solid ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, baking soda). Using a spatula, mix them until well combined.
- Add in eggs and mix everything until the eggs have combined into the batter.
- Melt coconut oil in the oven for 10-20 seconds and add it into the batter.
- Using a spatula, mix until all the coconut oil has combined nicely into the batter.
- Add all the blueberries and mix them in as well. If they’re soft, they’ll change the color of your batter from bright yellow to dark blue. That’s ok, don’t worry about it.
- Continue by adding half of the pumpkin seeds, mixing them into the batter.
- Your muffins are now ready to be baked!
- Prepare the muffins forms and line them with special paper cups. Using a tbsp, transfer enough batter into each muffin cup but don’t over do it, the muffins will also expand in the oven.
- Now it’s time to decorate your muffins! Add a few pumpkin seeds on top and when ready transfer the muffins in the hot oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the muffins turn a bit solid. Since they also tend to “cook” a few minutes after they’re out from the oven, baking them too much will render them too dry. Keep this in mind and you’ll be fine.
- When ready, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down for 10 minutes.
- That’s it! Enjoy them fresh and hot, or keep them in the fridge for a few days.