For a fast, fresh and nutritious breakfast, try this Pure Greens Power-Up Green Smoothie. Packed with lots of vegetables and low in fruits, this recipe has a few things that make it special. We’ll be using a combination of broccoli, spinach and avocado as a way to boost the nutrients in this smoothie. This combo also makes for a creamy and perfectly blended smoothie, which is always great. Last, we’ll be adding some protein powder as a post-workout protein boost.
Pro Tip: This recipe asks for whey protein powder which is derived from milk. if you want to go vegan, simply use pea protein or even hemp protein powder. If you don’t need the additional protein, you can safely skip the protein powder.
Pure Greens Power-Up Green Smoothie
- 1 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 200 g frozen broccoli
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 1 kapia red pepper
- 2-3 tbsp whey protein powder (chocolate flavor)
- 2-3 tbsp chia and hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 slice lemon (organic)
- 350 ml water (enough to cover the ingredients)
- Peel all the ingredients according to the notes.
- Blend everything until you get the desired texture.
- Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: light green to yellow
- Texture: creamy, some seeds
- Taste: healthy greens + chocolate