For a fast, fresh and nutritious breakfast, try this Pure Greens Power-Up Green Smoothie. Packed with lots of vegetables and low in fruits, this recipe is low-carb, sugar-free and absolutely delicious.
Why try this new green smoothie
People of the world … this power-up green smoothie was amazing. It was:
What goes into our Power-Up Green Smoothie
This green smoothie recipe is not complicated at all and made using real plants that come with unprocessed nutrients, while being sugar-free and low in carbs. Here’s what goes into our delicious power-up green smoothie:
- For the base of this green smoothie, you’ll be using a combination of broccoli, spinach and avocado. This nutrient-rich combo is also a way to boost the nutritional content of our smoothie so it’s a win-win. The combination of broccoli, spinach and avocado will help us to blend a creamy and perfectly mixed smoothie, which is always appreciated.
- Besides the above green combo, in terms of vegetables we’re also using one kapia red pepper (or bell pepper), simply because it’s delicious and packed with “good-for-you” nutrients (think vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals).
- We’ll be adding a bit of protein powder as a post-workout nutrient boost. Feel free to use either whey protein powder or a vegan protein powder like pea protein or hemp protein.
- In terms of superfoods and boosters, we’re using a few teaspoons of chia and hemp seeds mixed together. These superfood seeds will boost the nutrient content of our smoothie even more (think healthy fats, protein, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals).
- The usual ginger, turmeric and cinnamon powders are here as well, bringing lots of phytonutrients (antioxidants included) to our green smoothie drink.
- A pinch of Himalayan salt and a bit of fresh organic lemon will conclude our delicious smoothie recipe.
- Water is last but certainly not least. Use pure spring water if possible!
Pro Tip: This recipe asks for whey protein powder which is derived from milk. In case you want to go vegan with this recipe, use pea protein or hemp protein instead of whey protein. Should you not need the additional protein boost, you can safely skip it and this won’t affect the taste or texture of this smoothie too much (except for the missing chocolate flavor from whey protein).
If you try our Power-Up Green Smoothie recipe, feel free to leave a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your smoothie creation and share it on Instagram, please tag me @refreshmyhealth and use the hashtag #refreshmyhealth because I love seeing your creations!
What’s your favorite ingredient from your power-up green smoothie creation? Share with everyone!
Pure Greens Power-Up Green Smoothie
- 1 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 200 g frozen broccoli
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 1 kapia red pepper
- 2-3 tbsp whey protein powder (chocolate flavor)
- 2-3 tbsp chia and hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 slice lemon
- 350 ml water (or enough to cover the ingredients)
- Prep all the ingredients as need, add into blender and cover with water.
- Blend everything until you obtain the desired texture.
- Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: light green to yellow
- Texture: creamy, some seeds
- Taste: healthy greens + chocolate