If you are looking for a new take on your regular summer green salad, check-out this recipe that features a combination of green leaves, raw veggies and seeds. Easy to make, vegan, low-carb and simply delicious!
I love this summer green salad because it’s easy to put together and comes packed with lots of greens, as well as good fats from multiple sources. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals, comes packed with plenty of healthy fiber and phytonutrients, and it’s 100% vegan to support an easy digestion.
Ingredients for our summer green salad
This recipe is tasty without being complicated, and these are the ingredients that go into it:
- iceberg lettuce
- baby spinach
- hemp seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon or lime juice
- pinch of salt
How to customize this green salad
Besides being so easy to make, out summer salad can be easily customized. Like this:
- add your favorite kinds of nuts (walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, hazelnuts, etc).
- use green olives or kalamata olives.
- enhance the flavor with your favorite vinaigrette.
- include other raw veggies like cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados.
- chopped onions are always great in salads (red onion, spring onion, shallots).
- if you’re courageous you could throw-in boiled broccoli, green beans or green peas (use them cooled at room temperature)
- you can also include cheeses like Feta cheese or Brie cheese (vegan or “regular” vegetarian versions).
- want something totally new? include 1 tbsp of raisins, a few slices of apple or pear, or even a few slices of orange or grapefruit.
- swap iceberg lettuce for other type of lettuce (and go organic if you can!)
- add even more greens like spring cabbage or celery.
- enhance the flavor of this green salad with fresh herbs like dill, parsley or thyme (chopped small).
Enjoy this salad by its own or as a side to your favorite meal … And don’t forget to spread the love by sharing this recipe with someone you love!
Have you made this recipe? Great! Please share a review to inspire others to try it. Thank you!
Quick Summer Green Salad (Vegan & Delicious)
- Salad Bowl
- 200 g mixed lettuce leaves (iceberg, red, crispy)
- 100 g baby spinach
- 5 radishes (sliced)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 1 jalapeño (slices)
- 5 cm leeks (slices)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (sprinkle on top)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- lemon juice (or lime juice, as needed)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Prepare the vegetables as indicated and add them to a salad bowl.
- Add hemp seeds and mix everything together.
- Finish by adding extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil), lemon juice and salt.
- Mix a bit more to combine everything into a delicious salad.
- Your salad is ready! Add to a bowl or plate and enjoy as a side dish to your meal or by itself.