If you are looking for a new take on your regular summer green salad, check-out this recipe that features a combination of green leaves, raw veggies and seeds. Easy to make, vegan, low-carb and simply delicious!
I love this summer green salad because it’s easy to put together and comes packed with lots of green leaves, plus healthy fats from multiple sources. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals, comes packed with plenty of healthy fiber and phytonutrients, and 100% vegan.
Ingredients for our summer green salad
This recipe is tasty without being complicated, and these are the ingredients that go into it:
- iceberg lettuce
- baby spinach
- hemp seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon or lime juice
- pinch of salt
How to customize this green salad
Last, but not least, this salad can be easily customized and here are a few ideas:
- add your favorite kind of nuts (walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, hazelnuts, etc).
- use green olives or kalamata olives.
- enhance the flavor with your favorite vinaigrette.
- include other veggies like cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados.
- chopped onions are always great in salads (red onion, spring onion, shallots).
- if you’re courageous you could use boiled broccoli, green beans or green peas.
- you can also include cheeses like feta cheese or brie cheese (vegan or “regular” vegetarian versions).
- want something totally new? include 1 tbsp of raisins, a few apple or pear slices, or even a few slices of orange or grapefruit.
- add even more greens like cabbage or celery.
- enhance the flavor with fresh herbs like dill or parsley (chopped small).
Enjoy this salad by its own or as a side to your favorite meal … And don’t forget to spread the love by sharing this recipe with someone you love!
Quick Summer Green Salad (Vegan & Delicious)
- 200 g mixed lettuce leaves (iceberg, red, crispy)
- 100 g baby spinach
- 5 radishes (sliced)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 1 jalapeño (slices)
- 5 cm leeks (slices)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (sprinkle on top)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- lemon juice (or lime juice, as needed)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Prepare the vegetables as indicated and add them to a salad bowl.
- Add hemp seeds and mix everything together.
- Finish by adding extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil), lemon juice and salt, mixing a bit more to combine everything.
- Your salad is ready! Add to a bowl or plate and enjoy as a side dish to your meal.
More vegan salad recipes that I hope will inspire you: