Creamy and full of flavor, this raw vegan banana and cashew dessert takes 1 minute to put together and will give you a boost of beneficial nutrients. This dessert is vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free and so good that you won’t be able to stop eating!
This banana and cashew butter raw “sandwich” was:
Ingredients you will need
Making this banana and cashew butter dessert starts with a few simple ingredients. You’ll need 3 main ingredients and an optional one, as follows:
Bananas – In case you want this dessert to feel a bit more sweet, make sure to choose a perfectly ripen banana. Should you want to keep the carbs intake lower, choose bananas that are green to yellow, which simply means they have more fiber overall.
Regardless of how sweet the bananas may be, always go organic since organically grown banana come without chemicals. Organic bananas are also better for the environment and healthier for the workers that pick or pack the bananas.
Cashew Butter – I decided to go with cashew butter for this dessert due to cashew butter being creamier compared to other nut butters. I also chose cashew butter because I absolutely love its taste and how good it matches the flavor of banana.
One important note for keto/low-carb eatears is that cashew butter has a few more carbs compared to other nut butter. In case you want to keep this recipe on the low-carb side, you could choose almond butter or hazelnut butter instead.
Dark Chocolate – As you probably know by now, I’m in love with dark chocolate and I use it in many of my desserts. For this particular recipe, I used 90% dark chocolate but you can definitely use the percentage of dark chocolate that you like. For delicious results, use dark chocolate that is fairtrade and organic, or at least choose a brand that uses good quality cacao for their chocolate.
Pinch of Salt – Using salt it’s optional and using just a bit of salt will balance the cashew butter’s fatty content. This isn’t in any way a must and make sure not to add any extra salt if your cashew butter already has salt in the ingredients list.
Steps to make this raw vegan banana dessert
Putting together this easy vegan dessert will take you about 1 or 2 minutes. If you know how to peel a banana, you are equipped to prepare this dessert.
Follow the steps below and, as always, find the complete details in the recipe card:
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half.
- Use a teaspoon to add cashew butter over each of the bananas.
- Add optional pinch of salt on top of the nut butter.
- Use a small knife to grate chocolate over the bananas (or use a cheese grater).
- You are now ready to indulge. Enjoy without guilt!
Tips for making this dessert perfectly
- Use the nut butter that you like. For this recipe I opted for using organic cashew butter but you can definitely use your favorite kind of nut butter. How about using organic peanut butter, almond butter or even hazelnut butter?
- Choose only organic peanut butter. When it comes to using peanut butter, always go organic no matter what! With all the peanut allergies out there, chemical sprays and peanuts being grown below the ground in soils that were most likely sprayed with pesticides, I would avoid conventionally grown peanuts and peanut butters made using non-organic peanuts.
- Use as much cashew butter as you want. Feel free to use as much cashew butter (or other nut butter) as you like, depending on your mood or nutritional needs. I like to use quite a bit of cashew butter, especially if the bananas are on the sweet side.
- Use quality chocolate. Feel free to use the chocolate that you like and my advice is to always choose a quality brand. Remember that quality chocolate is made with simple healthy ingredients like cacao mass, cacao butter, natural sweetener and optional vanilla. I discovered that organic fairtrade chocolate tastes the best, even if it’s a bit more expensive.
- Dark or not so dark chocolate. This time I used 90% dark chocolate but sometimes I may use 100% or 85%, or even 70% chocolate, depending on my mood that day. Use what you feel like but remember that bananas have enough carbs already, so the chocolate is mostly used for flavor.
- Salt is optional. You can add a pinch of salt on top of the cashew butter, especially if the cashew butter doesn’t come with added salt. Salt helps balancing those sweet bananas and the fats from the nut butter. When it comes to salt, I like using natural unrefined Himalayan salt, sea salt or saline salt.
This easy raw vegan banana dessert can be upgraded!
- Want to make raw banana “sandwiches”? After peeling the bananas and cutting them in half, slice them on the long side, and you’ll end-up with 4 pieces from each banana. Add cashew butter, chocolate and so on, as much as you feel like. Serve and enjoy!
- Add you favorite extras. You can “upgrade” this dessert with extras like raw berries, dried fruit, nuts or seeds. Sprinkle fresh raspberries or blueberries on top, chop some walnuts on the side, compliment with a handful of raisins, or maybe sprinkle some of your favorite seeds on top of the nut butter.
- Use a homemade chocolate sauce. Prepare a simple chocolate sauce in a double boiler using 90% dark chocolate, a bit of coconut sugar (optional) and vanilla powder. Let it cool down for a few minutes and slowly pour over those bananas layered with cashew butter. Move everything into the fridge for 10 minutes to harden the chocolate. Serve and enjoy!
- Hot coffee on the side. You can definitely pair this easy banana dessert with a cup of your favorite coffee. The way I prepare my coffee is very simple: I start by adding 2 teaspoons of organic coffee in a cup (100% arabica from Ethiopia) and I slowly pour very hot water until cup is full. No sugar, no coffee filter, nothing like that. Leave it there for 2-3 minutes and slowly sip, paying attention not to burn your lips from the hot coffee. Try making coffee this way and I bet you’ll be amazed by how delicious a cup of real coffee can be.
I hope you’ll love this recipe as much as we did, and don’t forget to share it with someone around you. Sharing is caring!
This raw vegan banana dessert is super delicious and healthy, and it deserves some top love! We would appreciate if you could leave us a comment and rate this recipe 5-stars. Thank you from the heart!
What are some of your favorite ways to eat banana and cashew butter together? Share in the comments!
Raw Vegan Banana Cashew Butter Dessert
- 3 bananas (peeled)
- 3 tsp cashew butter
- 2 squares dark chocolate (85% or more)
- pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- Peel the bananas, cut them in half and place them on a small plate.
- Use a teaspoon to add cashew butter over each banana, forming a straight line.
- Add optional pinch of salt on top of the cashew butter.
- Use or a small knife to grate chocolate directly on top of the cashew butter (can also use a small grater).
- DONE! Enjoy without guilt because this dessert is super healthy.