Sometimes I feel the need to keep it simple. And you know what? It’s ok! Refreshing, creamy, perfectly sweet, this green smoothie has it all. It’s loaded with those “good-for-you” ingredients, so easy to make, always vegan and perfect for those short autumn days.
This smoothie is a great example of how to prepare a well balanced smoothie from just a few ingredients. Having used so much broccoli on top of the celery, fennel or leaks, plus my usual avocado, I was able to blend a smoothie that not only tastes great but it’s also refreshing, well mixed and super creamy. You can optionally add your favorite boosters like matcha, vanilla, cinnamon, and they will mix nicely. Enjoy!
Read more: How to Make the Best Green Smoothie
Refreshing Green Smoothie for Autumn Days
- 1 big avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 300 g frozen broccoli
- 1 banana (peeled)
- 1 mandarin (peeled)
- 1.5 stick celery
- 2 stalks fennel
- 5 slices leeks
- 1 small yellow apples (seeded)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Add everything into your blender. Add enough water to level everything.
- Blend on medium to high until everything looks creamy.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: green-yellow
- Texture: very creamy and with bubbles, well mixed, easy to drink
- Taste: sweet with a light leeks aftertaste, very pleasant to drink