Creamy and thick, delicious and packed with real nutrients, this purple smoothie bowl redefines what you can do with a blender and a bit of creativity. You don’t need special skills and certainly you don’t need a fancy kitchen in order to eat delicious breakfast smoothie bowls like this one.
Just blend all the ingredients until you reach that creamy consistency, pour into your favorite bowl, decorate and enjoy the magic of life!
I absolutely loved my purple smoothie bowl
Calling all smoothie lovers out there … Seriously, this purple smoothie bowl was amazing and here’s why. It was:
Creamy & Thick
Natural & Healthy
- Avocado – Avocado forms the base of this smoothie bowl. Creamy and packed with healthy fats, avocado will blend perfectly into a thick and creamy smoothie bowl experience. Keep in mind that organically grown avocados will always ripen perfectly and won’t cost much either.
- Frozen Blueberries – Along with avocado, frozen blueberries are part of the base for our smoothie bowl. They are super refreshing and will mix perfectly together with avocado, and with all other ingredients.
- Frozen Raspberries – You’ll also be using frozen raspberries as part of the base for this smoothie bowl. Raspberries have a sour-ish taste to them, but don’t let this discourage you because they will balance perfectly with those sweet blueberries. Raspberries are a nutritional powerhouse and, together with blueberries, they are responsible for the purple color of this smoothie bowl.
- Apple – An apple a day is the way … Yeeeeey! Seriously now, apples are packed with nutrients, good for you and organic apples are always delicious. In case you didn’t know, organic apples pack even more nutrients compared to conventionally grown apples and less to zero chemicals. Please do not remove the skin of the apple since the skin is packed with nutrients.
- Grapefruit – When it comes to grapefruit, I discovered that it’s better to go organic (at least most of the time). There are quite a few types of grapefruit and I discovered that organically grown grapefruits are always juicy and actually a bit sweet. Is it me or I find myself using grapefruit like all the time?!
- Leeks – I promise that you won’t feel the taste of leeks while your body will say a big “thank you!” for nourishing it with healthy plants like this one. We won’t be using too much leeks and this recipe will definitely not turn into a cold soup. Leeks and enjoy life!
- Celery (stalk) – Smoothie blends like this one are the perfect opportunity to “hide” a few veggies that you wouldn’t necessarily eat by themselves. Kids won’t have to know!
- Hemp Seeds – This smoothie bowl is the perfect excuse to include 1-2-3 tablespoons of hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are packed with protein and healthy fats, and good for you!
- Cacao Powder – We decided to enhance the flavor of this smoothie bowl by adding a bit of raw cacao powder. The result? A special treat for all cacao lovers out there … you will definitely feel the cacao aroma without being too much.
- Vanilla Powder – Cacao and vanilla always go hand in hand, especially in a smoothie bowl like this one. Make sure to use pure vanilla powder without sugar or other extra ingredients.
- Himalayan Salt – We will be using just a bit of salt to add minerals to our recipe, but also to balance those healthy fats and the wonderful aroma of this smoothie bowl.
- Toppings – For toppings, I decided to go with frozen berries and hemp seeds. You can definitely go your way here since this is the perfect spot to be creative and improvise, while increasing the nutrient content of your breakfast bowl.
What makes this smoothie bowl special?
What started as a regular smoothie for me, turned into a delicious purple smoothie bowl that reminds me of my homemade ice cream addiction. Yes, it’s that good … and healthy too!
This smoothie bowl was delicious but it was so much more:
Thick, creamy, and perfectly blended.
Perfect as breakfast or mid-day snack.
This delicious smoothie bowl is a nutritional powerhouse.
Easy to digest and perfect to nourish your whole system.
Packed with raw plants that come with beneficial nutrients and raw enzymes.
Easy and customizable, this smoothie bowl formula is simply great!
Infused with cacao and grapefruit, a match made in heaven.
Naturally sweet and low in carbs, this smoothie bowl will help build-up your immune system.
This smoothie bowl will help you get your body used to burning fat for energy.
Low in carbs and packed with those “good-for-you” carbs that will feed your friendly gut flora.
Nutrient rich. This smoothie bowl delivers vitamins and minerals, as well as healthy fiber, phytonutrients (including antioxidants) and plenty of raw enzymes.
Vegan and ready in just a few minutes!
If you feel this purple smoothie bowl is something that you’d enjoy, give this recipe a go and don’t forget to share it with others. This easy smoothie bowl was healthy and delicious and it deserves some top love!
I would appreciate if you could leave us a comment and rate the recipe 5-stars, if you liked it. Thank you from all my heart!
I’m interested to know what are your favorite toppings for a smoothie bowl like this one? Share below!
Refreshing Purple Smoothie Bowl | Vegan & Easy!
- 2 big avocados (skinless and seedless)
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 100 g frozen raspberries
- 3-4 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 small apple (no seeds please)
- 2/3 big grapefruit (or 1 small grapefruit, skinless)
- 3 slices leeks
- 1/2 stick celery
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 300 ml water (or enough to blend easily)
- decorated with frozen berries and hemp seeds
- Add everything into your blender. Add enough water to level everything but not too much since we want to obtain a thick and creamy texture.
- Blend on medium speed until you obtain a creamy consistency.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: purple
- Texture: thick, creamy, like an ice cream, like a milkshake
- Taste: fresh berries, you can also feel the cacao + aftertaste of grapefruit