This simple greek salad is all about putting together a delicious and super healthy meal in a matter of minutes. It’s simple, fresh, super healthy and ready in 5 minutes.
It’s summer and the sun in shining all day long. Those cold days are way behind us or way ahead of us, depending on how you look at life. The days are longer and bursting of inspiration. Nature takes its course and every day is another beautiful day to experiment and enjoy life.
When it comes the time to eat, I’m sure you want to choose healthy food, using food as a source of nourishment. Good news is that I’ve got your covered, because this simple greek salad delivers exactly what you need.
Let me tell you about it. This salad is:
Easy to Prepare
& with Vegan alternative
Keto & Low-carb Approved
This salad is all about fresh ingredients and it only takes 5 minutes to put together. Made with your choice of lettuce, feta cheese, kalamata olives, walnuts and hazelnuts, spring onions, cucumber, bell pepper, jalapeno, leeks, extra virgin olive oil and freshly squeezed lime juice. This is a greek salad to die for! You won’t need anything else, not even a salad dressing.
I love this recipe because it’s super simple to put together and comes packed with fresh vegetables, healthy fats and quality proteins. But that’s not all, it’s loaded with phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, plus lots of raw food enzymes and plenty healthy fiber (and I mean a lot). Works great as grab and go breakfast, lunch or dinner, and it’s perfect for those hot summer days.
Pro Tip: Want to make this as a vegan salad? No worries, just skip the feta cheese and include more walnuts, kalamata olives or half of an avocado. As always, go fresh, go local and go organic!
Enjoy this salad with someone you love! … And don’t forget to spread the love by sharing this post!
Simple Delicious Greek Salad
- lettuce of your choice (iceberg, romaine, as much as needed)
- 100 g feta cheese (cubed)
- 50-70 g kalamata olives (no seeds, cut in half)
- handful walnuts (no shell, cut in half)
- handful hazelnuts (no shell)
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 1/2 bell pepper (cubed)
- 1/2 cucumber (slices)
- 1/2 jalapeño (optional, chopped)
- 2-3 cm leeks (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 lime (juice only)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Prepare all the veggies as indicated in the ingredients list. Add everything into a salad bowl.
- Add feta cheese, kalamata olives and nuts. Mix them with the veggies.
- Add salt and lime juice. Mix gently for a few seconds.
- Finish by adding as much extra virgin olive oil as you can handle.
- Using a wooden spatula, mix everything for a few seconds.
- That was it! Serve and enjoy all day long!