There’s something about this leftovers salad that speaks to your soul. It’s colorful, fresh, so customizable, and loaded with quality ingredients, which is basically a universal food-love relationship.
Friends, I really hope you will LOVE this quick salad. It’s:
& Seriously delicious
Cheap to make
What you’ll need for this leftovers salad
- Green Peas – We’ll be using boiled green peas and you can start with fresh or frozen green peas. In case you already have leftovers green peas that’s even better.
- Avocado – Make sure to have one of those creamy and perfectly ripen avocados (organically grown avocados are best!)
- Hard Boiled Eggs – I encourage you to have the eggs cooked exactly as you like them … you can even use fried eggs!
- Olives – I’m in love with Greek kalamata olives and I recently discovered salty dried kalamata olives. Pure joy! For this photo I only had classic black olives or questionably origin.
- White Cheese – Feta cheese is the best well known type of white cheese with a Greek origin, but there are other types as well. Besides classic Feta, you can also use cow’s cheese, sheep’s cheese or your local farmer’s market cheese.
- Jalapeño (or other type of hot pepper) – I love to add 1-2 hot peppers to my meals but I’m not in any way someone that eat super hot. Hot peppers are definitely a subjective choice and I will leave it at that.
- Pinch of Salt (optional)
This leftovers salad can be upgraded!
This would make a delicious weeknight meal or a quick snack. Use your creativity to enhance this delicious leftovers salad with different extras:
- Nuts – pecans, walnuts, cashews or pine nuts
- Seeds – hemp seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds,
- More Veggies – leeks, onion (scallions, shallots), cucumbers, tomatoes, grated carrots
- Other Leftovers – you can easily include different leftovers to enhance the flavor (and nutrient content) of this meal.
- Salad Dressing – keep it sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free and free of additives or refined seed oils. Better yet make your own salad dressing and live longer!
If you enjoy this healthy leftovers salad bowl, please consider leaving me a short review below. It would help me not only to improve the recipe, but will also help me to know that you appreciate my work. Thank you!
I hope you’ll love this quick leftovers salad as much as we did, and please don’t forget to share it with someone you love. Sharing is caring!
What was the best leftovers salad you’ve ever eaten? Share in the comments.
Simple Delicious Leftovers Salad
- 2 big cups green peas (lightly boiled)
- 1 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 2 hard boiled eggs (free range, organic)
- 10-15 olives of your choice (I used black olives)
- 1/2 bell pepper (slices)
- 1-2 jalapeño
- 100 g white cheese
- pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- Cook the green peas and boil the eggs first. It’s ok to cook them in advance, even the day before.
- Prepare all the veggies, take out the olives from the fridge and cut the white cheese as needed. Don’t forget to peel and slice the eggs.
- Now it’s time to prepare the salad ... Add everything into your favorite bowl and arrange nicely.
- That was it! Super simple, right?!
More delicious salads for you
Into quick salads? Be sure to check out our Delicious Guacamole Summer Salad, Simple Delicious Greek Salad, My Big-Small Salad, and the famous Refreshing Salad with French Brie and Other Goodies!