This simple keto breakfast plate comes packed with plenty of “good-for-you” nutrients and can be ready in just a few minutes. If you’re looking for creative breakfast ideas, then this simple breakfast plate might be just the thing you’re looking for.
Hard boiled eggs, Comté cheese, olives and nuts combine into a delicious and healthy meal that will fuel your mind and body all day long. Ready in 5 minutes or less!
What you’ll need for this keto breakfast plate
Hard Boiled Eggs – When it comes to healthy nutrient-rich eggs, my advice is simple: only use organic eggs from chickens that spent time outside in the grass, staying in the sunshine and eating worms all day long.
Almonds – I like to soak my almonds for at least 3-4 hours in a bowl with cold water and a bit of salt. This process makes the almonds easier to chew, removes some of their anti-nutrients and also activates their digestive enzymes.
Comté Cheese – One of the best hard cheeses out there, Comté cheese is traditionally produced in France. It is made from raw milk and can be aged from 6 months up to 20 months. The difference in age will create differences in flavors, so the more aged the cheese is the stronger its flavor will be. If you haven’t tried Comté cheese yet, you’re in for a very special treat.
Kalamata Olives – I used organic kalamata olives from Greece, preserved in brine and stored in a glass jar. Alternatively you can use green olives but, most importantly, my advice is to stay away from olives that come in metal jars or brands that add preservatives to their olives. Greek olives, glass jar, no additives!
Kirby Cucumbers – My wife loves these short cucumbers that are a bit crunchy and slightly light in flavor. You can definitely use pickled or fermented cucumbers if you want but, for this keto breakfast plate, we decided to go with fresh cucumbers because their light flavor will make the cheese “shine”.
Pinch of Salt – A little salt goes a long way here! I like pure Himalayan salt without any kind of additives.
Simple keto breakfast strong points
We loved this simple keto breakfast plate so much that we decided to share it on the blog so you can enjoy it too. This plate was:
Easy to Prepare
Keto & Low-Carb
Prepared with Raw Cheese
Loaded with “good-for-you” nutrients
Pro Tip: You can serve this keto breakfast by its own or with your favorite sourdough bread, or even with a basic homemade salad. This breakfast plate is so versatile that can easily be upgraded with your favorite extras (see next section).
This keto breakfast plate can be upgraded!
- If you don’t have almonds available, just use any type of nuts you like. You can definitely switch almonds for pecans, walnuts or cashews.
- How to soak almonds. Prior to using the almonds, make sure to soak them for at least 3-4 hours in a bowl with water and a bit of salt. This process helps activate the digestive enzymes present in almonds (and in all nuts for that matter), removes part of their anti-nutrients (phytates) plus it makes the almonds more easier to chew. Soaking works especially good for almonds since almonds are pretty hard to chew-up by default.
- Too low-carb for you? If you find this meal to be a bit low-carb for your taste, try serving it with potatoes, a bit of cooked and cooled rice, sourdough bread or low-carb bread/muffins on the side.
- Do you love spicy food? I’ve got you covered! Add your favorite hot peppers on the side (I love red or green chili, or jalapeno). Did you knew that in Germany they have a kind of hot peppers called Piri-Piri? These are very small red chili peppers stored on brine and are deliciously hot!
- Onion, leeks or garlic are my best kept secret for cheese-powered meals! Add at least one of these and don’t look back!
- Do you love salad vegetables? Feel free to add those sliced tomatoes or bell peppers on the side. This plate can only get better!
- Feeling creative today? Take a medium sized apple, slice it and add it on the side. For a simple and exquisite treat, serve a slice of Comté cheese together with a slice of apple. Yeah, baby!
I hope you’ll love this simple breakfast plate as much as we did, and please share it with someone you love. Sharing is caring!
I would appreciate it if you could spare the time to leave a comment and a review below. I’m really curious to find out how you liked our keto breakfast plate.
What’s you favorite keto breakfast recipe? Would you try this one? Share in the comments.
Simple Keto Breakfast Plate
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs (free-range and organic)
- 50 g almonds (raw, pre-soaked and dried)
- 50-100 g Comté cheese (aged 12 months, raw milk)
- 1 handful kalamata olives (or green olives)
- 1-2 kirby cucumbers (these are small green cucumbers)
- pinch of Himalayan salt (on top of the eggs)
- Peel hard boiled eggs and cut them into half. Sprinkle a bit of Himalayan salt over the eggs.
- Cut the Comté cheese and cucumbers, placing them on the wooden cutting board.
- Add almonds and kalamata olives on the side.
- Your keto breakfast is now ready! Enjoy and share it with someone you love!