This simple vegetarian keto breakfast serves as a delicious and nutritious breakfast option, but can easily be consumed instead of the traditional lunch or even at dinner. Fuel your day with a breakfast that is easy to digest and rich in beneficial nutrients!
I like this simple vegetarian breakfast because it doesn’t require any special cooking skills (anyone can boil eggs or cut fresh veggies, right!). Plus it’s packed with “good-for-you” nutrients to power your whole body, while being low in carbs and free of unhealthy stuff.
This simple vegetarian keto breakfast was:
Easy to Make
Tip: This vegetarian keto breakfast is the reinvented version of my Vegetarian Keto Summer Breakfast recipe.
Ingredients for vegetarian keto breakfast
What I like most about this vegetarian breakfast idea is that it’s not only packed with nutrients and made using whole unprocessed plants, but it’s also low in carbs and free of added sugar, gluten-free, and free of any kind of industrial processing. This is what I call a healthy and delicious meal idea!
When it comes to preparing a quick breakfast or snack that is low in carbs and packed with wholesome foods, you can’t go simpler than this!
- Boiled Eggs – Hard boiled eggs pack lots of nutrients that your body needs on a daily basis. The best and healthiest eggs are organic free-range eggs that come from hens grown outside in their natural environment, and fed their natural diet (generally free of corn and cereals).
- Cherry Tomatoes – I decided to go with these rather sweet cherry tomatoes for this breakfast place. When it comes to tomatoes, we certainly have lots of options, especially in the summer time.
- Avocado – Avocado comes packed with healthy fats and lots of gut-friendly fiber, so it’ll keep you full for longer. For best results and a great taste, use an organic avocado that is ripen but still hard (so not soft and mushy) when pressed with two fingers.
- Cucumber – For this vegetarian breakfast option I used those long cucumbers (fabio cucumber) but you can certainly use one of those small cucumbers as well (cornichons). They are both delicious and rich in beneficial nutrients.
- Pinch of Salt – Salt helps balance all those fats and proteins, but it’s not a must since everyone has their taste and needs when it comes to salt.
Who says that a delicious and healthy breakfast has to take a lot of time and special skills to prepare? Hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and avocado can actually pack more real nutrients than what most people consume in a day.
Ways to upgrade this simple vegetarian keto breakfast
When it comes to my meals, I like to be creative with the ingredients that I choose, based on my mood or what I have in my fridge. The idea behind this quick vegetarian keto breakfast was to put together a simple wholesome meal and to keep things simple in the kitchen.
Here are a few ideas that you can use to change-up this recipe a bit, or adjust it according to your needs:
- Add more vegetables – You can certainly include other vegetables as well in this breakfast recipe. Vegetables like bell pepper, leeks, celery sticks (apio), shredded carrots, radishes, lettuce, baby spinach, onion, even garlic, chili pepper, will work well to compliment this keto breakfast plate.
- A slice of sourdough bread – Even if this is a keto breakfast recipe, one slice of bread won’t kill anyone. My only advice is to consume healthy naturally fermented bread – try Danish rye bread or any other kind of sourdough bread.
- Include you favorite dressing – My only advice here is to keep things healthy and, when it comes to dressings in general, this means to stay away from additives, preservatives and fillers of any kind. Not many options out there so you might consider making your own homemade dressing or simply use a few teaspoon of true sour cream.
- Sprinkle extra virgin olive oil – Should you want to go the extra mile with your keto breakfast, feel free to sprinkle a bit of extra virgin olive oil all over those veggies. This will certainly give this breakfast plate a whole new meaning in terms of healthy fats.
- Olives at breakfast? – In case you like olives, feel free to include 5-6 olives of different kinds. This is one idea that you can use to add more healthy fats and maybe spice things up a bit in a creative way. Green olives and Kalamata olives are two of my favorites.
- How about using some nuts? – I absolutely love to pair this kind of breakfast plate with a handful of raw walnuts or pecans. They will add crunchiness to this breakfast experiences plus, in terms of nutrients, they come with fiber, vitamins and minerals, as well as phytonutrients.
- Add your favorite cheese – From Feta cheese to Brie, Comté or Cheddar, using a few slices of quality cheese can actually add a complementary flavor to your breakfast plate. What is your favorite cheese that you think will pair nicely with the veggies in this breakfast recipe?
- Do you like coffee? – Serve this keto breakfast with a cup of your favorite black coffee on the side. You’ll thank me later!
Pro Tip: Fasting in the morning is definitely healthy so, if you feel like fasting in the morning, please do so. You can easily turn this vegetarian keto breakfast plate into an afternoon snack, quick lunch or simple dinner.
If you make this homemade vegetable keto breakfast feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! If you take a photo of your breakfast creation and share it on Instagram, please tag me @refreshmyhealth and use the hashtag #refreshmyhealth because I love seeing your creations!
What’s you favorite vegetarian keto breakfast recipe? Would you try this idea? Share in the comments.
Simple Vegetarian Keto Breakfast Reinvented
- 2 medium eggs (free-range, organic)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado (skinless and seedless)
- 4 slices cucumber
- pinch of salt (sprinkle over eggs, optional)
- Cook boiled eggs according to your preference (medium or hard). Peel and cut eggs in half.
- Wash vegetables and prep as needed. Remove the skin from avocado, remove seed and scoop the avocado flesh using a tablespoon.
- Arrange everything on the plate and optionally sprinkle a bit of salt on top.
- Your vegetarian keto breakfast is now ready!