This delicious 5-minute vegan plateau includes an easy guacamole recipe that will make you fall in love with avocado. Give it a try and I bet you’ll want more! This plateaus is super easy to prepare, it’s fresh, healthy, low in carbs, completely natural and ready in 5 minutes.
What goes into the 5-minute Vegan Plateau
This one is all about healthy nutrients, delicious food and keeping it simple and short in the kitchen. Your time is valuable so why spend hours in the kitchen when you can eat delicious (and healthy) food that can be ready in a matter of minutes?
In a nutshell, here’s what we’ll be using for this plateau:
- Avocado (you’ll be making the guacamole yourself … Fun times, right!?)
- Olives (feel free to add your favorite kind)
- Cucumber (I love that summer cucumber flavor)
- Peppers (great with any meal)
- Leeks (balances the taste of the guacamole)
- Extra virgin olive oil (loaded with healthy fats and phytonutrients, plus it makes the guacamole creamy and tastier)
- Fresh grapefruit juice (for the guacamole)
- Sourdough bread (healthy low-gluten bread, traditionally prepared, I used organic bread)
- Salt (use your favorite kind of salt)
- Pickled cucumbers (don’t you love them?!)
What makes this plateau special?
I like this recipe because it’s super simple to put together and comes packed with healthy fats, fresh vegetables, lots of fiber, as well as an assortment of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients).
It’s delicious when eaten by its own or can be served as a side to basically any kind of meal. Plus it’s great as grab-and-go snack and perfect to enjoy all year long.
But that’s not all … this recipe is perfect to keep in mind as a template for creating your own variations, based on what you have in the kitchen or what you feel like eating. Feel free play with the quantities and with the ingredients list, adding your favorite veggies or maybe skipping some of the things that you don’t like. It really is that easy!
Enjoy this 5-minute vegan plateau with someone you love!
As always, go fresh, go local and go organic … and don’t forget to spread the love by sharing this post!
Simply Delicious 5-Minute Vegan Plateau
- 1 medium avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 1-2 slices kapia pepper (chopped)
- 5-6 slices leeks (chopped)
- 5-6 slices cucumber (cubed)
- 5 olives (salty, slices)
- 1/2 tsp white salt (I used saline salt)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice grapefruit (fresh juice)
- 3-4 tbsp homemade guacamole (see recipe below)
- 1/2 kapia red pepper (sliced)
- 2-3 picked cucumbers (pickled in brine)
- 50 g Greek olives (with Thyme and olive oil)
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Using a fork, mash the avocado into a paste and add it into a medium size bowl.
- Prepare all the ingredients as indicated by peeling and cutting them as needed.
- Add kapia pepper, leeks, cucumber, slices olives into the bowl. Using a fork, mix with the avocado until combined.
- Add salt, extra virgin olive oil and the juice from the grapefruit slice. Mix everything into a smooth creamy paste.
- Give it a taste, making sure that your guacamole has enough salt. Add more salt if needed, but don’t overdo it.
- That was it! Enjoy with your favorite bread or prepare a vegan plateau using the instructions below.
How to Serve
- Add guacamole, bread, olives, pickled cucumbers and all the other ingredients onto a wooden chopping board (see my pictures above).
- Using a tsp, add enough guacamole onto a slice of bread and top it with a few slices of pickled cucumbers, some olives and 1-2 slices of kapia pepper.
- Doesn’t this look amazing? Wait until you’ve tasted it to see what I’m talking about … It’s De-li-cious!
Love that homemade guacamole? Check-out my other recipes that include guacamole (with original recipes):