Creamy and thick chia pudding that’s delicious, easy to make, nutritious, and amazing in so many ways! Just 5 ingredients required for this tasty and nutritious dessert. Let me show you how it’s done!
Chia pudding is a delicious raw dessert prepared using coconut milk and chia seeds. Once mixed into the coconut milk, the wonderfully nutritious chia seeds will slowly transform into a gel-like substance. The entire dessert will slowly take the consistency of a pudding, hence the name chia pudding.
The secret to making the perfect chia pudding is to mix the chia seeds perfectly into the coconut milk, before placing everything into the fridge to rest for a few hours.
My advice is to only use full-fat coconut milk and to take your time when mixing it with the chia seeds. A natural sweetener is also advised but don’t overdo it.
Chia pudding comes with lots of health benefits and here are my favorites. Chia pudding is:
High in Fiber
High in Antioxidants
High in Protein
Loaded with Calcium, Phosphorus and Magnesium
Loaded with Healthy Fats (including Omega-3 Fatty Acids)
Easy to Make
Enjoy this delicious chia pudding with someone you love! Let me know how it turned out and if you like it.
Simply Delicious Chia Pudding
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml, full-fat)
- 5-6 tbsp chia seeds
- 3-4 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- fresh blackberries (to decorate)
- In a medium bowl or jar, add together coconut milk, chia seeds, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Using a tsp, mix the chia seeds very well, making sure that you won’t see any clumps of seeds anywhere around the jar.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then stir again once the seeds have started to gel.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Optionally stir before serving and add your own berries, fresh or dried fruit, nuts or seeds.