The Sweet November Smoothie is all about getting fat adapted and teaching your body how to burn fat for energy. It’s the perfect fuel for those cold and wet autumn days, when it’s raining outside. You know … autumn.
Just blend and don’t look back! Yes, it’s that good!
Inspiration to blend this smoothie
It’s early November and not too cold outside, and the sun still shines a bit. We are fortunate to live in Romania right now, where the autumn days aren’t “gray” at all. Autumn was gentle with us this year, we had so many sunny days compared to previous years.
The days are shorter and shorter now and everybody’s thinking ahead at winter. I’m preparing the vegetables for my smoothie while looking through the big kitchen window, thinking that autumn is not that bad after all.
I’m looking forward to the coming winter and all the opportunities and the wonderful moments that it brings with it. Change is beautiful if you know how to look at it. Nature transforms itself in a continuous cycle, preparing for the coming winter. It will soon be peaceful and quiet again.
Winter brings with it white snow and revitalizing cold, cozy moods and more time for meditation, delicious winter recipes, time for reading good books, and Christmas too. Yep, it’s going to be great this year!
Sweet November Smoothie. Low in carbs. High in healthy fats.
What started as a simple experiment just a few weeks ago, has become a daily habit for me. I literally can’t start my day without one of these delicious homemade smoothies, and today is no exception.
Today’s smoothie is all about getting fat adapted and teaching my body how to burn fat for energy. How do I do this? Simple! By making sure that my morning smoothie contains at least 2 sources of healthy fats while keeping the fructose (sugar) content to a minimum.
For this recipe I’m using 3 different sources of healthy fats though: avocado, coconut oil and a few cashew nuts. It’s safe to say that we’re in for a creamy smoothie.
When it comes to carbs, one of the best ways to keep sugar to a minimum is using a maximum of 2-3 sweet fruits for the entire smoothie batch. Just to make it clear, I’m not using refined sugar or any other sweeteners of any kind (not even coconut sugar).
Burning fat for energy equals health
Smoothies are one of the best ways to include different nutrients into your diet. Things like enzymes, phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals, healthy fats and quality proteins, all of these are very easy to consume with smoothies.
I truly believe that, in order to be healthy, one of your goals should be to teach your body how to burn fat for energy. Here are a few reasons why your body loves good fats and burning fat for energy:
- healthy fats are a great source of energy for the brain
- they help us absorb fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D, K and E
- good fats also help with healing of the gut lining, which in turn is responsible for nutrient absorption
- healthy fats are the foundation of hormones in the human body
- good fats are naturally satiating and will keep hunger away for longer periods
- burning fat for energy means your cells are burning a “cleaner fuel” – there are no free radicals when burning fat, compared to burning sugar
- you won’t get those 5 o’clock energy binges or mood swings – instead, you’ll have steady energy all day long
- it’s going to be easier to fast for longer periods – I can easily go without food for 12-14 hours
- healthy fats help with regenerating your skin, hair or nails – people that consume healthy fats have a perfect skin and zero wrinkles!
- healthy fats help lower blood glucose since your body will start to rely more and more on fats for energy instead of sugar
- blood pressure and cholesterol levels will also be improved since your blood will become cleaner once you’ll start consuming good fats instead of carbs
Of course, all these health benefits don’t just happen overnight and the key to making them happen is consistency and habit. A smoothie a day will take you one step closer to becoming fat adapted and burning fat for energy.
This wonderful Sweet November Smoothie!
My smoothie is ready now and I’m taking my first sip. I really don’t know what to expect because these days every smoothie seems to turn out different, but wonderful in every way. I literally feel like a kid getting a new toy!
My smoothie turned out quite thick and creamy, perfectly sweet with a light cacao taste. My wife absolutely loves it, which can only make me happy … “Delicious!” she says.
This recipe is definitely a keeper and, if you’re reading this post, it means that it has already made it the blog.
Need more reasons to blend our Sweet November Smoothie? It was:
Packed with Vegetables
Low in Carbs
If you try this recipe, consider leaving a review! Leave a comment or share a picture on Social Media and tag is @refreshmyhealth.
Enjoy your smoothie! Cherish your health! Love your journey!
What’s your favorite smoothie ingredient? Share below!
Smoothie Sweet November
- 1 medium avocado (seeded and skin removed)
- 1 golden apple (seeded)
- 3 tbsp frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (or pea protein)
- 1 stick celery (chopped)
- 1 slice fennel (chopped)
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder (skip if the protein powder has chocolate flavor)
- 3 dried dates (chopped small)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- pinch of vanilla powder
- 400-500 ml water
- decorate with raw cashew nuts and dried dates (optional)
- Add everything into the blender, add water and blend until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Pour in glasses and decorate with dried dates, raw cashew nuts or both. You can always decorate with anything you want, these are just my suggestions 🙂
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
- Color: red to dark pink
- Taste: perfectly sweet, light cacao taste
- Texture: creamy and thick