Perfect in any season, this spicy keto cream soup packs in lots of veggies, it’s very easy to make, it’s vegan and can be served both hot or cold.
Calling all soup lovers out there, this easy cream soup was perfect … and:
Keto cream soup ingredients list
- We start with plenty of vegetables that we’ve been using in many recipes throughout this website. I’m talking about green peas, green beans, broccoli, leaks, carrots and celery. So many amazing vegetables in the same recipe can only mean this is one healthy recipe, wouldn’t you say so?
- I’ve also used one big avocado. Avocado is a great source of nutrients (especially healthy fats and potassium) but also helps A LOT with making this soup creamy and easy to blend.
- You can’t have soup without spices! My goal was to keep this recipe simple and healthy, that’s why I’ve used only spices that everyone has access to: black pepper, chili pepper and Himalayan salt.
Quick Note: I used frozen broccoli, frozen green peas and frozen green beans, Why? Simply because they are available in any season and will only take 2 minutes to cook in water. The nutrient value and taste of frozen plants doesn’t change which makes using frozen veggies a time saver.
How to make Spicy Keto Cream Soup
This recipe is not by any means complicated and doesn’t require any kind of special cooking experience or a fancy kitchen. My recipe makes for 4 servings and will be ready in under 30 minutes.
The only requirement is to have a blender or kitchen robot in order to puree all the ingredients into perfectly creamy soup. Since we’ll be pureeing soft cooked vegetables, it’s good to know that almost any kind of blender will pretty much do it.
These are the steps to follow for making spicy keto cream soup:
- Add all the vegetables in a cooking pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Once vegetables are soft enough (after 10 minutes of so) remove water and set aside to cool down.
- Next, add cooked vegetables into your blender, along with avocado, spices and salt.
- Blend on medium speed until reaching a creamy consistency.
- DONE! This is pretty much the entire process … told you it’s easy!
This keto cream soup can be upgraded!
When it comes to serving this keto cream soup, you can definitely enjoy it by itself (both hot or cold) or upgrade the flavors and nutritional value with additional sources of healthy fats.
These are my favorite sources of healthy fats to match this delicious keto cream soup:
- Avocado – We’ve already included avocado in the recipe but a bit more won’t harm anyone, right?!
- Walnuts or Pecans – Nuts will add a bit of crunchiness to your cream soup, plus good fats, proteins and other nutrients.
- Brie or Camembert Cheese – I absolutely love to pair my cream soup with a few slices of French soft cheese. The creamy texture of brie cheese will match perfectLy with this creamy soup.
- Cheddar or Parmesan Cheese – Matured hard cheeses like English cheddar or Italian parmesan can be a great choice, and you won’t need much to boost the flavor of this soup to a whole new level.
- Olives – I love to pair this soup with either green olives, kalamata olives or dried olives (use olives that are free of preservatives, preferably organic).
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over your soup bowl, mix and serve.
If you decide to try my cream soup recipe, consider letting me know how it turned out for you. Leave a comment and don’t forget to @refreshmyhealth on Social Media! I’d really love to see what you came up with and if you like this recipe.
Enjoy this wonderful nutritious soup and share it with someone close to you!
What’s your favorite cream soup recipe? Would you try this one? Let me know in the comments.
Spicy Keto Cream Soup (Vegan)
- Cooking Pot
- 300 g frozen green peas
- 100 g frozen green beans
- 150 g frozen broccoli
- 10 cm leeks (sliced)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 stick celery (sliced)
- 1/3 small celery root (peeled, chopped)
- 1 big avocado (skin and seed removed)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 chili pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- In a 2L cooking pot, add broccoli, green peas, green beans, leeks, carrots and celery.
- Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes, until the celery becomes tender.
- Remove from heat, drain the water and set the veggies aside to cool down for a few minutes, at room temperature.
- Add cooked veggies into your blender, together with avocado, spices and salt.
- Puree everything until you obtain the desired creamy consistency.
- Transfer soup into a dedicated soup bowl and portion from there.
- That was it. Enjoy by itself or with different extras!