Perfect for any season, this spicy keto cream soup packs in lots of veggies, it’s very easy to make, always vegan and can be served both hot or cold.
Keto cream soup ingredients
- First of all, I’ve used plenty of healthy vegetables that we’ve been using in so many recipes throughout this website. Yes, I’m talking about green peas, green beans, broccoli, leaks, carrots, or celery.
- I’ve also used healthy fats, namely one big avocado. The avocado is a great source of nutrients but also helps A LOT with making the soup creamy and easy to blend.
- What would be a soup without spices, right? For this one, I wanted to keep it simple and safe, so I’ve used only black pepper, chili pepper and Himalayan salt.
How to make this cream soup
My recipe makes for 4 servings and will be ready in under 30 minutes. Keep in mind that you’ll need a blender to puree all the ingredients into that perfect creamy texture. This recipe is not by any means complicated, you start by cooking some of the ingredients and, once they’re ready cooked, puree them using a regular blender. That’s about it!
I like to serve this soup by itself or with an additional source of healthy fats. My favorite sources of healthy fats are: avocado, walnuts, brie cheese, cheddar cheese, or maybe a few salty green olives. And let’s not forget about those spicy chili peppers that add so much flavor to any dish, especially to a hot soup.
If you decide to try my recipe, let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #refreshmyhealth on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy your soup!
What’s your favorite cream soup recipe? Would you try this one? Let me know in the comments.
Spicy Keto Cream Soup (Vegan)
- 300 g frozen green peas
- 100 g frozen green beans
- 150 g frozen broccoli
- 10 cm leeks (sliced)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 stick celery (sliced)
- 1/3 small celery root (peeled, chopped)
- 1 big avocado (skin and seed removed)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 chili pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- In a 2L cooking pot, add broccoli, green peas, green beans, leeks, carrots and celery.
- Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes, until the celery becomes tender.
- Remove from heat, drain the water and set the veggies aside to cool down for a few minutes, at room temperature.
- Add cooked veggies into your blender, together with avocado, spices and salt.
- Puree everything until you obtain the desired creamy consistency.
- Transfer soup into a dedicated soup bowl and portion from there.
- That was it. Enjoy!